Customer Service 866.965.0400

2017 Silverado interior plastic

rrmccabe

Question

Next Wednesday I take delivery on a 2017 Silverado High Country.  It has the Saddle leather interior and the color of plastic that goes along with that.  In all the trucks I looked at the plastic seems to look cheap and scuff easily. Lets say its not my favorite part of the truck :)

I am looking for something to treat it with that will hide scuffs and improve the looks as much as possible.  I am not a big fan of TID or at least the vintage of it I have.  I like the leather conditioner a lot and I know it can be used on plastic.  Is this the best solution to hide and improve the look of the plastic?

Thanks !

Rich

16833386240x640.jpg

13 answers to this question

Well I am not sure how old this is. Couple years I would guess.

Can't say I find the smell of this pleasant.  I had about 6 other spray bottles from mystery boxes that I gave away to various people so don't know if they were improved version or not.

I guess the questions is, does the interior detail spay offer any benefits over leather conditioner?

20180524_144110.jpg

I find that VRT works very well on plastic, and leaves a sheen without leaving a greasy feel.  It does a good job hiding existing scuffs and/or making it easy to wipe off future scuffs.  

5 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

Well I am not sure how old this is. Couple years I would guess.

Can't say I find the smell of this pleasant.  I had about 6 other spray bottles from mystery boxes that I gave away to various people so don't know if they were improved version or not.

I guess the questions is, does the interior detail spay offer any benefits over leather conditioner?

20180524_144110.jpg

That's the older version of ID, at least a couple years old. Newer version has a eucalyptus mint scent, does well cleaning and adds a nice richness to the surface. Also adds some SPF, though not as much as the LC.

My preference on plastics is either Leather Conditioner or VRT. As far as hiding scuffs either of those will help minimize them but not completely hide them.  If it were me I would try VRT on one plastic section and Leather Conditioner on another and see which you prefer.  I will say the new Leather Conditioner has more protection and a better, longer lasting look.  Either way, congrats on the new truck, I'd like to have a new high country!

Thanks for all the tips everyone.  I think I will do just that. Try the VRT and the conditioner.

I might have to try the new interior detailer but not a fan of what I have.

This one is not new but new to me. 2017 with 13k on it.  I don't like the price on the new ones. Well can't say I like the price on the used ones either but I could stomach it a litter better.

Here is an outside picture. Iridescent pearl Tri-coat.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Rich

16833385953x640.jpg

14 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

Thanks for all the tips everyone.  I think I will do just that. Try the VRT and the conditioner.

I might have to try the new interior detailer but not a fan of what I have.

This one is not new but new to me. 2017 with 13k on it.  I don't like the price on the new ones. Well can't say I like the price on the used ones either but I could stomach it a litter better.

Here is an outside picture. Iridescent pearl Tri-coat.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Rich

16833385953x640.jpg

Looks good Rich! With dropping that kind of coin, tell the salesman you want a bottle of ID as part of the deal and head over to the Performance shop and pick up a bottle from Patty.  

Hasn't been out of the garage this year. I am doing some loom work under the hood. Got most of it finished last weekend. Need to get the battery back in it, alternator installed and pick up some power steering fluid and should be good to go.  Why I did not do this over the winter, I have no idea :)