Customer Service 866.965.0400

Asking for opinions

8675309'SS

I just purchased new dark tail lights for my Camaro.  They have fine scratches all over them, and of course because they are black, it’s really noticeable to me. :willy:  Is this a pretty standard and acceptable condition to receive appearance parts? No need to waste their or my time if I’m being too picky. They seemed pretty well packaged.  I just don’t order this stuff often, so I would like a reality check from you fine fellows.  Should I just let it go, and proceed to polish them? have Revive so I could try that, and if it doesn’t work I would choose to have someone polish these out with tools smaller than mine.

Were you in my shoes, would you ask for a replacement, or try to improve the ones already received? What does the collective say? 

Here are some pics for your opinions. :confused:

E91A94B7-6831-42F2-91EC-3B1E46C627A3.jpeg

5B99AE2A-63F4-4337-BFE7-E9C6346589C1.jpeg

DE0EEDDC-7B35-4472-A838-29C92FF91C6A.jpeg

E2EF0CC3-A074-474A-9E41-D9B8B0344943.jpeg

IF you purchased these new from a sales location then yes I would complain about it. I would concisely write out and detail my complaint in an orderly fashion with photos and notations as to your complaints. I might still break out the revive but I would def get ahold of them, these things can happen that is ok, its how they handle it that makes or breaks the situation. 

If you got them "Nearly new" or "Like New" or "You couldnt tell they were even on the car!" then well id say your SOL and break out the revive. 

I haven't bought anything like these (most everything on my car is stock), but those look a little rough to me for being new. But I would expect new plastic parts to be shiny and swirl free. Agreed with Jim, contact the seller and request a replacement. If it comes that way again, then you can take the time to try and correct the swirls, or maybe consider a different seller.

Good luck. And don't forget the pics when you're done!!!

These lights look man handles, I would let them know wha thethey look like which is caca and I would ask for them to be replaced and if the new ones come in better condition make sure you ceramic coat them because most plastic products are real soft and fragile. 

Yiu our work hard for your money you have a right to complain.   

Hi Jen, it was great chatting with you today on the website! 

Most factory new tail lights should usually ship with protective film over them, or have far less swirl marks than this if they were stored properly in a warehouse, so I would also question whether they were new or used.

You can try our Orange Hex Grip with orange Correcting Polish, but just make sure to polish with even pressure. Go in up/down and left/right movements over the lenses. It may take several applications and some patience to try to remove those by hand. 

You would get much better results going with a machine polisher like the Swirl Killer Mini and a 4" orange foam pad, or the Cordless Drill Backing Plate with a 4" Orange Pad. Keep in mind that the cordless drill is a mini rotary buffer, so work in short bursts and do not let the lens get too hot!

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/kits/4-polishing-kits/adam-s-swirl-killer-mini-12mm-starter-kit.html

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/polishing/adam-s-4-cordless-drill-backing-plate.html

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/buffing-pads-applicators/adam-s-4-orange-gen5-foam-pad-2-pack.html

Once you're done with Correcting Polish, step back down to Revive, and then protect them with Paint Sealant or a wax.

Let us know how it works out!

Respectfully,

Dan@Adams

Dan's right. My first thought was "why didn't they have clear removable film on them?"   If they're brand new, I'd call the company and tell them they're unacceptable and have them send  you a brand new set.  Those definitely look used or  maybe they're a set that were already purchased and returned.  

Don't try and fix them.  That's unacceptable.  
"

Appreciate the input fellas. I reached out and was not terribly impressed by the first response. However I reached out again and requested an exchange. I was told another set will be inspected before being shipped out to me. We shall see. I had a fine experience with this vendor before. As Jim mentioned it’s all in how the situation is handled. 

Glad they're working with you and that you didn't attempt to correct them first.  If you had, then they could have said you were the one who scratched them .  Let us know.