Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to Adam's products

Dave K

Hello. I'm new to Adam's products and want to maintain my car the bedt way possible. Yesterday i did a two bucket was with Adam's car shampoo, foam gun, and dried with detail spray and great white towel. I then applied buttery wax. Car finish looks great. The process from start to finished was about 2 hours. I didn't do the glass and door jams due to an approaching storm. 

I plan on washing and waxing with paint sealant and Americana wax the next time. Am i correct to apply americana wax after the paint sealant? Can this be done right after wiping off the sealant? 

Afterwards, i am planning on using buttery wax monthy after washing. 6 months later i thought i would apply paint seal and Americana again. Does this sound like a good plan?  

Welcome to the addiction, David!

Before you apply the Paint Selant, be sure to strip wash the car to remove any wax, etc. Also recommend you clay the car, which may also lead to paint correction. The polish is what will help add to the depth and shine of the paint. PS needs to have a naked surface to bond to the paint. Recommend you use Adam's Strip Wash, but you could also add a few ounces of Eco APC to your wash bucket. The sealant will be the base layer, then you can layer Americana over it. 

Your plan to use Buttery every month or so sounds good, then Sealant and wax again in about 6 months. You might also want to look into HGG as a maintenance product. Super simple to use, it adds great protection and a ton of shine. My favorite Adam's product.

Here's a great article that addresses some of your questions and then some...