Customer Service 866.965.0400

Coatings on various surfaces

Awzup

Question

So after doing my first polish this spring, the bug has bit me where I now feel the need to lock that in with a ceramic coating (especially considering the new release of better coating products). I know there are products for paint, trim, and wheels individually and I eventually intend to use all 3, but this leads into my actual question. When doing the paint coating, as well as paint, what materials can also be coated with that? I know Trim coating is demoed on textured plastic, but what about smooth plastic commonly seen on roof rails and lip kits? Can the paint coating be used on those instead? What about headlights/taillights? I appreciate any feedback I get.

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Awzup said:

So after doing my first polish this spring, the bug has bit me where I now feel the need to lock that in with a ceramic coating (especially considering the new release of better coating products). I know there are products for paint, trim, and wheels individually and I eventually intend to use all 3, but this leads into my actual question. When doing the paint coating, as well as paint, what materials can also be coated with that? I know Trim coating is demoed on textured plastic, but what about smooth plastic commonly seen on roof rails and lip kits? Can the paint coating be used on those instead? What about headlights/taillights? I appreciate any feedback I get.

For smooth plastic and headlights the Trim coating will work the best.  Those areas will flex a little, and that is what the Trim coating was designed for.

1 hour ago, Wy_detailing said:

Talking with Dan he said to use the paint coating on headlights, piano black b-pillars, and the paint of course. 

sounds like I need trim coating for the b-pillars on my car then. There's no piano black, just that flat smooth black stuff. I guess Piano black is too fancy for a WRX lol