Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic applicator and towel questions

rrmccabe

Question

Getting ready to do my 2017 High Country with Ceramic coat.

Seems to me that as fast as ceramic dries you will be working with a crusty stiff applicator and towel before you are done.  I know the applicator is referred to as having 6 sized but in reality I would have a hard time counting the ends so to me its only 4.

The process seems abrasive before you are done??

My intention is to do iron removal , strip wash because I have it, clay and then just the both pads with paint correction polish.  Is there any benefit to a rewash?

What are the odds of doing this crew cab pickup and having enough ceramic and cleaner left over for a GMC terrain?  If I end up liking this, I am thinking about just buying a second kit for the wifes car and if I can finish up her car with the first ceramic I will just order new applicators and have full kit ready to go.  Or maybe just buy the bottle of ceramic and another applicator since I plan to buy boost in larger bottles.

Rich

5 answers to this question

I just complete my first Cermic coating Sunday night. I hit it with CB this am and it looks pretty good.   

I was concerned about the towel and applicator too and just to see how “crispy” they got i left them in the garage until the next day.    Im a little concerned bc niether mf or applicator were crispy at all!!!!.(i actually posted this concern the other day).  So im hoping you shouldnt have an issue completing one car with the one applicator.  Then have a second set ready for the second car.  

I waiting for some rain to see if i applied it correctly!  But def odd the mf and applicator didnt feel any different. 

Good luck

1 hour ago, tlbullet said:

I just complete my first Cermic coating Sunday night. I hit it with CB this am and it looks pretty good.   

I was concerned about the towel and applicator too and just to see how “crispy” they got i left them in the garage until the next day.    Im a little concerned bc niether mf or applicator were crispy at all!!!!.(i actually posted this concern the other day).  So im hoping you shouldnt have an issue completing one car with the one applicator.  Then have a second set ready for the second car.  

I waiting for some rain to see if i applied it correctly!  But def odd the mf and applicator didnt feel any different. 

Good luck 

Thanks.  That surprises me.  When Adam talks about putting the lid on right away because it starts to crystallize, you would think the applicator would do the same.

Good info!  Thanks again

Rich

Based on other posts, one bottle should be enough for a few cars. But you should get another applicator or two for the other cars. FWIW, my applicator turned hard overnight after one application of trim coating.

As for washing after polish, there's no real benefit since you'll use the Ceramic Prep to clean the surface. Remember, prep is everything!

3 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

Getting ready to do my 2017 High Country with Ceramic coat.

Seems to me that as fast as ceramic dries you will be working with a crusty stiff applicator and towel before you are done.  I know the applicator is referred to as having 6 sized but in reality I would have a hard time counting the ends so to me its only 4.

The process seems abrasive before you are done??

My intention is to do iron removal , strip wash because I have it, clay and then just the both pads with paint correction polish.  Is there any benefit to a rewash?

What are the odds of doing this crew cab pickup and having enough ceramic and cleaner left over for a GMC terrain?  If I end up liking this, I am thinking about just buying a second kit for the wifes car and if I can finish up her car with the first ceramic I will just order new applicators and have full kit ready to go.  Or maybe just buy the bottle of ceramic and another applicator since I plan to buy boost in larger bottles.

Rich

You should have enough coating to do both vehicles. Maybe enough to start your wife's car. The applicator will not harden before your done provided that you keep going and not take long breaks.

I would use two towels to remove the coating on vehicles that big. One for the initial removal of coating and a second to go over the area again in case you missed anything.

You could rewash to help remove the polish then use the coating prep or just use the coating prep. I have done both and cannot see a difference in the coating.

Post some pictures when you are done!