Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dog scratched car door

jbeck112

Question

My dog scratched my car door, and my wife recently had our car detailed by someone else. They used some kind of fill in paint stick or something on it, and also looks like they have burnt the clear coat in one spot. I am new to Adams polishes so any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, jbeck112 said:

My dog scratched my car door, and my wife recently had our car detailed by someone else. They used some kind of fill in paint stick or something on it, and also looks like they have burnt the clear coat in one spot. I am new to Adams polishes so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you take the car to the detailer to have them fix the dog scratch or did that happen after? 

Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds with the clear coat, etc. But if the detailer damaged it, I'd say you're in for a refund and maybe payment for damage, at least. Not sure I'd trust them to try and fix it, though. Standing by for pics.

To me that dull spot looks like it just needs  polished, and as far as the scratches it looks like they just used touch up paint to cover them instead of trying to remove them.

Not knowing how deep the scratches are not sure if they would buff out or not. A good rule of thumb is if your finger nail catches in the scratch it won't come completely out.

I think if it was mine I would wet sand or use a product like Langka. http://www.langka.com/

Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, Chris@Adams said:

To me that dull spot looks like it just needs  polished, and as far as the scratches it looks like they just used touch up paint to cover them instead of trying to remove them.

Not knowing how deep the scratches are not sure if they would buff out or not. A good rule of thumb is if your finger nail catches in the scratch it won't come completely out.

I think if it was mine I would wet sand or use a product like Langka. http://www.langka.com/

Hope this helps!

After reading several posts in these forums about Langka i ordered a set.  Definatley an easy product to use. I had a few rock chips which are barely noticable after using Langka product.

Im OcD w/ my car and i can barely see where it was repaired.  A scratch will def take a little

longer to hide but i bet langka will make it nearly undetectable while standing next to car. Good luck

The faded looking circles are sanding spots that have come back. That is very common thing that happens especially on black. They sanded some spots out for you then buffed them out with compound. When cool it will appear they are buffed out completely then once they get hot under the sun they will pop back up. Have no idea why that happens but it does lol if your a capable buffer just hit them with some more compound and polish out. If not take it back and tell them they popped back up and they will buff it. Very easy fix. The clear coat was not burned.

On 6/6/2018 at 4:33 PM, Chris@Adams said:

Hope this helps!

:iagree: