Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel Barrel Cleaning

jstaples17

Question

Is there a fairly easy way to clean the barrel of the wheel while it is still on the car? I know silly/lazy question but worth asking. Also what product or tools should i be using?

15 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, jstaples17 said:

Is there a fairly easy way to clean the barrel of the wheel while it is still on the car? I know silly/lazy question but worth asking. Also what product or tools should i be using?

Wheel Woolie for a tool, and Eco APC and/or Wheel Cleaner for the chemicals.

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/wheels-tires/adam-s-wheel-woolie-combo.html

Edited by falcaineer

Depending on the vehicle and the brake set-up, you may want to pick up the Turbo Stick or Turbo Stick Mini to get into the hard-to-reach areas of the barrel. (Drill not included ;))

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/wheels-tires/adam-s-turbo-stick-wheel-cleaning-tool.html

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/wheels-tires/adam-s-mini-turbo-stick.html

Love my Turbo Stick! does a great job on the barrels that are hard to reach, thou the woolie is still my fav and reaches around corners like a mad man the turbo stick can remove some serious grime. 

3 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

I love the wheel woolie,  and I wrapped the handle in sports style grip tape/friction tape

3 hours ago, LSX Maestro said:

That's a great idea, I might have to do that myself because the factory grip spins once it's wet.  

Not a fan at all of the wheel woolie handles. Waaaayyy too small, and asked a while back about improving them.  Still waiting. Anyway, I added a bike handle. Heard about others using a putter grip and considering switching to one to work on my stroke while washing my car. Talk about therapy!:banana:

Edited by falcaineer

Are you kidding?  TURBO STICK RULEZ!!! 

With hardly any wear after 5 vehicles and 6 years I just opened a new one - and I use it with practically every wash.  I mean what's the point to a clean outer wheel if you can still see all the crap inside?  Depending on the wheel I'll bring a combination of wheel woolie, long, skinny bristle brush, lug nut cleaners, wrapped head parts cleaner brushes and shampoo mitts past their prime for body use...  but I ALWAYS have the Turbo Stick ready to go. 

I still see people going to the unnecessary risk and trouble to take off their wheels just to clean them. Why bother?

Zip zip zip with the Turbo stick around the wheel - 90 secs max and done. 

Just bought the Mini Turbo Stick and have to say, I'm not overly impressed..... Granted, it was my first use of it, so the jury is out, maybe should have bought the larger one, but with the size of the Brembo brakes and minimal space to the barrel, figured mini was the way to go.  I'm not sure it did any better of a job than my wheel woolie does, and I don't get as much splatter from the woolie.  :)  Not going to give up on it yet.. just the first Adam's product that I have purchased that I wasn't blown away from.