Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can TRC be used interchangeably w/ APC?

ColoradoSHObro

Question

I was told today that for the most part they could be. I know both products are similar with the TRC being the slightly more aggressive of the two but a dilution of TRC would settle it down a bit and maybe be used for anything you'd normally use APC for?

Would there be any error in this?

2 answers to this question

Actually, TRC and Eco APC are two different, yet awesome in their own right, products. Perhaps what the person meant was they could be used interchngably on tires, rubber and plastic trim, which is true. Haven't heard of using TRC much elsewhere on the car. Eco APC is just that, an all purpose degreaser anx cleaner that works on just about anything. And that's not just cars. Grills, around the house, etc.

15 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Actually, TRC and Eco APC are two different, yet awesome in their own right, products. Perhaps what the person meant was they could be used interchngably on tires, rubber and plastic trim, which is true. Haven't heard of using TRC much elsewhere on the car. Eco APC is just that, an all purpose degreaser anx cleaner that works on just about anything. And that's not just cars. Grills, around the house, etc.

Can you elaborate on how they are different? The only info i've read/seen says they're both degreaser products and that the TRC is stronger. I would guess the TRC has some cleaning agents more specific to rubber etc. but would that prevent you from using it somewhere you would normally use APC? For instance, anything wrong with using diluted TRC in an engine bay in place of APC? 

Or another way to think about it is "what can you use APC on that you shouldn't use TRC on?"