Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic application

rrmccabe

Question

So yesterday I ceramic coated my 17 High Country.  I was concerned that I did not get enough on and the dark bottle does not give you a good visual indication of how much you used. I am sure the dark bottle is to protect the chemical from the sun.

Today I pulled the plastic  tip out of bottle and realized I only have 3/4" left.  So I obviously got more than enough on.

My concern is I watched Adams application video and did all my homework upfront. So I bought the product and wiped it on as instructed and after I started to get an oily film I buffed it down with  towel(s). I see they have changed the instructions (on forum) to leave it on about 2-3 minutes after it gets the oily film. I did not do this and the instructions that came with my kit did not say to do this.

I just bought the kit a week ago so I would assume I got the latest version of the kit. So I am concerned I did not get enough ceramic on the truck with buffing it off right away. I don't have enough ceramic left to re-coat so not much I can do.

And finally, I finished about 7:00pm and the temps were about 85 degrees. Truck stayed in garage overnight with those temps (or higher).  Its 70 this morning already.  The original video shows adding boost the same day and the instructions say 24 hours.  I would rather not wait until tonight to finish this. Thoughts on when I can add ceramic boost?

Rich

20180607_194716.jpg

5 answers to this question

Just put the  ceramic boost on it after about 19 hours.  Its plenty hot and I really think it has cured well.  The applicator pad was stiff.

Was really a pretty easy job but might be because Adams included old directions that were not updated. Apparently the new stuff is supposed to sit on the panel 2-3 minutes and I wiped it off after it got the rainbow film. This is what my instructions said to do and of course Adams video says the same.

So little frustrated about that.  Anyone getting ready to do a coating, make sure you get clarification on the application and don't follow the instructions if yours says to wipe it off after it gets the rainbow film.

Supposed to rain all weekend. Cant wait :)

ceramic .jpg

Looks great!!  I just completed my first CC on Tuesday. I was able to wait about 30 hrs before applying CB.    I too was concerned about the wait time or not using enough.  I feel mine came out nice.  This newer version seemed more forgiving..thats just going on what previous members have posted.   

Appearently if you put a CC on a car it prevents rain.  Zip. Not a drop this week (which is a record this spring). Seems to  rain ever other day past few months!!

I too am still waiting for first rainfall!!!  

Thanks!

Still concerned about wiping it off too fast. Dan did mention he was going to get them to update the instructions.

We have rain forecasted tonight and tomorrow. Have dinner plans with the wife so maybe I will get to test out the paint protection and glass sealant in a storm!

Well it got its first wash after ceramic coat today. Used the master blaster to dry it and then touched up with a towel. Barely got the towel wet.  Stood on a step stool and totally dried roof in about 60 seconds without moving the stool. That was pretty impressive.

If this level of protection last for a year, I will be very happy.

20180612_075544.jpg

As mentioned before, as long as you waited long enough for it to get any kind of adhesion, you're not going to wipe off Ceramic. The wait times past the first 20-60 seconds for it to flash are usually just to aid the buffing process.  By it being drier/less oily it will pull off better instead of pushing around. 

By reading your post, you're going to be fine. Keep up with Ceramic Boost and you'll have that protection for 2-3+ years.