Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bottle reuse

tlbullet

Question

I emptied a bottle  my first Adam’s product, (original wheel cleaner). I want to reuse the bottle to dilute VRT.   I rinsed the hell out of it using soap then APC.  The bottle still has a hint of the hair burning WC scent.   Is it safe to use the bottle and refill w dilute VRT or will I burn the trim off my dashboard??? 

6 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

You cant get rid of that smell. LOL

I doubt it would do damage to anything however I would not risk the chance of having even a hint of that nasty smell inside my vehicle.

3 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

You cant get rid of that smell. LOL

I doubt it would do damage to anything however I would not risk the chance of having even a hint of that nasty smell inside my vehicle.

Thanks.  Ill just have to wait a few weeks more to empty out my next bottle.  I did purchase the new eco WC and i hear it smells great. 

The smell of the original WC gets stuck in your nose hairs!!

3 hours ago, tlbullet said:

Thanks.  Ill just have to wait a few weeks more to empty out my next bottle.  I did purchase the new eco WC and i hear it smells great. 

The smell of the original WC gets stuck in your nose hairs!!

It has a light citrus scent. Way better than the original blue, and way, way better than the older pink Deep Wheel Cleaner. That stuff really smells bad.

Let's back up a little bit and steer you away from using VRT inside your vehicle.  :eek:   

Leather Conditioner is the best option for your dash since it has SPF 65 and smells fantastic.........especially when compared to VRT with a hint of WC.   :lol: 

17 hours ago, tlbullet said:

I emptied a bottle  my first Adam’s product, (original wheel cleaner). I want to reuse the bottle to dilute VRT.    Is it safe to use the bottle and refill w dilute VRT or will I burn the trim off my dashboard??? 

2 hours ago, ZMAN024 said:

Let's back up a little bit and steer you away from using VRT inside your vehicle.  :eek:   

Leather Conditioner is the best option for your dash since it has SPF 65 and smells fantastic.........especially when compared to VRT with a hint of WC.   :lol: 

Lol. It was just an example!!!  I do use the LC inside pretty often too. 

I was going to use the diluted VRT for the plastic side steps on my SuV and any other exterior plastic trim.  

Anything with a hint of the og WC is not a good thing!! 

On 6/10/2018 at 6:41 PM, tlbullet said:

Lol. It was just an example!!!  I do use the LC inside pretty often too. 

I was going to use the diluted VRT for the plastic side steps on my SuV and any other exterior plastic trim.  

Anything with a hint of the og WC is not a good thing!! 

I just did my Tahoe side steps - if you use VRT, even diluted, they can get very slippery.  I use diluted VRT to restore the deep black color, then knock the slickness down with Interior Detailer, which leaves the black in matte finish without leaving them dangerously slick.