Customer Service 866.965.0400

Iron Remover

buffalobob920

Question

5 answers to this question

I haven't had a need to re-do the iron remover on any of my coated cars, so I'm not sure.  I'm skeptical though.  I'm no chemist, but I find it difficult to wrap my head around how a product can remove iron particles imbedded in the surface (be it the coating, paint, whatever) and not have an impact on that sacrificial outer layer of protection.  I know this...I will not randomly try or use iron remover simply as part of a spring cleaning or normal maintenance routine.  On my coated cars, I won't use it unless I visually see a need for it.  My (coated) cars are both white, so the iron deposits typically show up pretty darn good when present. 

On 6/10/2018 at 12:39 PM, galaxy said:

I haven't had a need to re-do the iron remover on any of my coated cars, so I'm not sure.  I'm skeptical though.  I'm no chemist, but I find it difficult to wrap my head around how a product can remove iron particles imbedded in the surface (be it the coating, paint, whatever) and not have an impact on that sacrificial outer layer of protection.  I know this...I will not randomly try or use iron remover simply as part of a spring cleaning or normal maintenance routine.  On my coated cars, I won't use it unless I visually see a need for it.  My (coated) cars are both white, so the iron deposits typically show up pretty darn good when present. 

We routinely suggest that clients do an iron decon once or twice a year for their finish.  Your theory is similar to saying "how does it remove iron without removing the clear coat of the paint?" A coating is merely a surface finish.  Particulate can certainly embed itself there and it may not be seen.  Iron decon on most vehicle produces far more purple reactions than just visible orange flakes coming out.  Many coating manufacturers recommend an iron/clay decon as routine maintenance for ceramic coated vehicle.  Fear not on the iron remover and your coatings!

On 6/10/2018 at 12:15 PM, buffalobob920 said:

Hi a question about Adams iron Remover want to know if it’s safe for ceramic coated cars and also is it safe to use on paint protected film coated cars  (expel) thanks 

You're good to go for those surfaces!