Customer Service 866.965.0400

Black pearl

drkjed

Question

So as a fathers day gift the wife had my CX5 fully detailed at a shop I know and have used on another car in the past that was a swirl mess.  They do incredible work and I am super pleased with the result.   The CX5 is a pearl white Metallic and it never really popped that is until they got done with it.  Ok so on to my question they washed did minor correction and polished and sealed with a product called "Black Pearl" he described it as a polymer based sealant.  I am just not familiar with the product... anyone ever heard of it or used it? The finish is super slick and even and has super tight water beads and sheets water very well .   So being a "polymer sealant" what would be the best "layering approach?  Wash and hit with detail spray and call it good?  Top with guard and gloss and maybe hit with a little brilliant glaze every so often? or just maybe a topcoat of say buttery Wax?  

2 answers to this question

This is my wife's White Pearl Rav4, I did this weekend.  My layers are one-step polish, then Brilliant Glaze, then Paint Sealant.  It seems to really bring the pearl out in it, when I get to about 4-5 month mark on the paint sealant the car really loses it pop of the pearl.  If its a sealant, I would not put any wax over the top of it, it might take away from the sealant.  I would just use detail spray as a dry agent when you wash, and brillant glaze if you just want to bring out the pearl alittle more. 

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Edited by Mbrazelton
Added too

It's not expensive  ($15) so you could just buy some and keep  using it.  Guard N Gloss after every couple of washes is good,  BG won't hurt a thing.  Or you can just wash and use Detail Spray.  You really can't hurt anything.