Customer Service 866.965.0400

IK sprayer to much

enoch7fa

Question

is it just me or does the IK sprayer adams used apply to much product or is there a way I can turn it down?  I control on the IK sprayer lets you widen and narrow how the product come out but does not lessen the amount. I go through to much of products to fast using it.   or does using the fan nozzle help to limit it?  I dont like to complain but maybe adams needs to keep search for a better spayer to sale.  I do have another on from another complain which I want mention here and I can adjust how much comes out and as of now I fill it up with detail spray and boy does it go a long way.    anyone have the IK spray notice this problem or have advice on how to use it?  I want to stay with adams but that spray makes things expensive.    how is it on the foamer?

10 answers to this question

I used it on several all the same.  when I got the new iron remover I tried it out on that first.  I bought a gallon of it and the ik sprayer around the same time.  I got a exterior detail job and decided to try it out on it.  boy even though I was trying to move fast it used up almost all of the iron remover in ik sprayer.  same result with different chemicals.  right now I am scared to try it on other stuff because I cant control how much comes out.  I wasted almost half of the gallon on one car because of that sprayer.  I think adams should hook up with another company for a sprayer. the ik waste a lot of product.  I am not rich so when It used up some much of the iron remover and I got mad and said some things about adams ( sorry bout what I said about adams company and people I got mad ) lol.   I am now scared to use the ik sprayer now feel like I wasted my money. 

First thing you need to understand is that not all products are for all people. Some work great for someone, and horribly for others.

Now that that’s out of the way...we have an IK sprayer we use for Iron Remover. And yes, we go through some product. But we use maybe 1/4-1/2 of the sprayer capacity to do a whole car. We spray quickly and let it drip down on the car. You also have some regulation in how hard you press the sprayer. The variables are infinite. 

As someone who is going into business you need to understand a few things about business. Especially a detailing one...

One...your needs for product and equipment will be different from most hobbyists. Accept you’ll use more product and have to invest in equipment. 

Two...not every investment pays off. And some definitely take more time. To anticipate that every product is going to be the perfect fit is a great way to set yourself up for disappointment. We have a shelf of products and tools we’ve tried and didn’t like, didn’t work as well as others for a given application, etc. 

Three...as a business you’ll need to reinvest to find what does work for you. It doesn’t mean a product is a “waste of money” or is a bad product. If you don’t like it, sell it and recover some of your dollars and move on. If you stay stale in your techniques and products, your business will struggle to grow. 

Four...try new products. Be it a tool or a chemical. Some products Adams kills it for. Others they get edged out by others. When we run out or get low on a product we decide if we want to try something new or stick with what works. Sometimes that trying something new has lead us down an entirely new path. 

Five...you will make application mistakes. Too much or too little of a product. Grabbing the wrong one. Etc. it’s how we improve. Learn from it and move on. 

You can’t get ahead looking behind you. Adapt to what you have and let it work for you. 

6 hours ago, enoch7fa said:

I used it on several all the same.  when I got the new iron remover I tried it out on that first.  I bought a gallon of it and the ik sprayer around the same time.  I got a exterior detail job and decided to try it out on it.  boy even though I was trying to move fast it used up almost all of the iron remover in ik sprayer.  same result with different chemicals.  right now I am scared to try it on other stuff because I cant control how much comes out.  I wasted almost half of the gallon on one car because of that sprayer.  I think adams should hook up with another company for a sprayer. the ik waste a lot of product.  I am not rich so when It used up some much of the iron remover and I got mad and said some things about adams ( sorry bout what I said about adams company and people I got mad ) lol.   I am now scared to use the ik sprayer now feel like I wasted my money. 

NO matter what you use it seems like Iron Remover goes really quick.  Detail spray seems to be a odd one to put in the sprayer, I saw it more as a Waterless wash kind of item.  I use the foam sprayer alot and usually cut the product(Wheel/Tire and Rubber Floor Mat Cleaner) with water. 

How do these compare to the old Colad sprayers that Adams used to sell?   I have a couple of those and they seem to work fine with a fine mist that goes a long way.

I will probably add another one soon and might just source out another Colad.

hi Shane again.   thanks for all the advice the only thing about texting and typing is that tone, facial expressions , etc , etc doesn't come out.  I know how I must sound when I am typing.   Most of those things I have discovered the easy or mostly the hard way.  before committing to starting a home detailing business I read forums and watched videos for few months and talked to adams people mostly and others I knew were in or used to me in business like you so I knew what was coming.   being a child of assembly line car makers who worked for GM I  try as much as I can to stay with American products and companies.  after some research and looking at other car detailing companies who make their own products I chose adams.  some companies are American but outsource their products.  

Adams makes almost all of there chemicals ( bout 99%) and mostly just gets towels and some accessories made in other countries.  I have to pay more but for good products and supporting American companies and jobs I am willing too.   So when I sound out about something I am dissatisfied with I like to let them know before I move on.  this has several times stopped me from doing that when I was contacted by adams people telling me to hold off they are coming out with something or improving something.  So that is why I sound off good and loud and ask a lot of questions here and when I call.  I chose adams as my primary products and want to stay.   so keep commenting on my forums rant you and others have helped me a lot, specially adams people.  after a year of practice and working on cars I am still addicted...… I mean excited about detailing.  my plan for my neighborhood operations has just expanded from word of mouth. sent out flyers to neighbors.  working out pretty good I dont have to buy a rig to drive around in  they are bringing cars to my place ( boy is it handy).   I make enough to pay for products,  some good cash on the side of working,  and feed my addic……..  I mean … uh ….. get to meet people, get closer to neighbors, supply a service to community, we the people in order to form a more perfect union establish justice …….  better stop there.   

6 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

How do these compare to the old Colad sprayers that Adams used to sell?   I have a couple of those and they seem to work fine with a fine mist that goes a long way.

For me, I personally like the new IK sprayers a little more than the Colad. I like the option of having the different spray tips, and using the clear spray tip does give me a very nice wide misting pattern without using too much product - quick bursts on the sprayer is key for me. I like the pressure release switch as well, and the overall construction feels quite nice in my opinion.

I use the fan sprayer for things like Waterless Wash to spray a nice wide pattern onto the hood, door panels, etc, thoroughly covering the surface to help with dust removal as safely as possible. 

I would say to try them out, and if you aren't happy, we can certainly honor our return/refund policy. 

Cedric, if you're still having issues with the sprayers too, we can certainly help to do a return if you would like - give us a ring or email to orders@adamspolishes.com and we can assist no problem!

On 6/13/2018 at 6:42 AM, rrmccabe said:

Here's a sweet deal on the Colad.

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/specials/clearance/adam-s-pump-sprayer-bottle.html