Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time using CC-review

tlbullet

Question

I just wanted to give members a brief review of several Adam’s products ive purchased and used. 

In February of this year I discovered Adam’s. After reading the forums I formulated a plan for my DD.  Ive always been careful being a weekend detailer but these forums took me to a new level and made me realize i was doing it all wrong!

I decided i needed to do full corrections and then was going to CC both my cars.  (13’ Acura Tl 6speed manual,white and 17’ MDX sport black). Both stay garaged as often as possible.  I also realized my black MdX had a pretty decent amount of swirls and was in need of correcting. 

I first purchased the 15mm SK kit.  I patiently waited for winter to pass and attempted my first full correction. 

Before:BD2E75AC-27F5-46E4-9B31-F61A3098AD92.thumb.jpeg.e72c4e506a443438aa0d339efc11c316.jpeg

After:78F3C7EA-76E7-45B9-A561-2693B8463CB3.thumb.jpeg.b9a7067d61496bf9b9d43083d1684d31.jpeg

Ive had zero experience with any type of polisher so I was extremely nervous to introduce swirls into the paint.  For those hesitant—make the purchase!! Its a great product. 

Basically this SK was pretty much idiot proof and worked great.  All you have to do is take ur time, moving the SK slowly across the paint.  I was hesitant to use the blue pad w Hc,  but hit a few spots quickly; before taking my time and using the orange pad w/ CP. then finsihed with FP.  

I actaully had to do this process twice because the first time i went too quickly and didnt let the product do the work.  There were still some swirls visible after the first attempt. 

Others have said this but lighting is key!! Soo true. I had every LeD light I owned in my garage, looked great.  Pulled it out of garage and the sunlight showed some swirls. After another round, i was content.  It wasnt perfect but near perfect.  I could only see some swirls if i was leaning at a 75 degree angle

and the sun was reflecting perfectly off the panel!!  I figure thats about as good as im gonna get!!!

I then ordered the new CC kit. I prepped car as directed and attempted the Cc on my white

TL first.  

I was extremely nervous about attmepting CC.  I had read about “high spots” and the coating being tacky and difficult to work with. 

I applied as directed (and as Adam did in the video). I was able to see the Cc flash pretty quickly.  I waited around a minute and then wiped off excess.  

The white paint made it pretty difficult to see any high spots.  I found that the Cc was somewhat slick and not tacky like other members said of the older 7H CC. 

I completed the whole car and let sit about 3 hrs.  

I then applied the CB. I used a few sprays per panel and found it easy to apply. 

After CC and CBFDD4A37B-2A77-4A33-9863-8A524B275539.thumb.jpeg.393cac0ed8dc509256a2fcd62d372b9e.jpeg

I waited a week to see if I could find any high spots or streaking.   So far nothing!! Surpised myself!!

Somehow i havent been able to test the hydrophobic properties yet because it hasn’t rained!!!!!!   Unreal. 

This week i completed the CC on my black MdX.  The CC was still easy to apply.  you definitely have to be more careful

with the dark paints. It was much easier to see the Cc flash. I waited about a minute to wipe off.   You can actually see where the Cc was applied; it left the paint looking deeper and darker. I did feel like I used the Cc a little more liberally this time around.  The high spots were visible and inwas able to take them down right away by wiping with Mf.  

I pulled the car out into the sunlight and did not notice any high spots. 

I let the car sit for 24 hrs and applied the CB.  

Im not sure if it was the dark paint or me using a little more CB then i did on my white car but the CB was a little more difficult to use...but not bad at all.   I did notice some streaking from the CB but just took my time to work it in with a MF.   

Here are the finished products:

F181A945-C1F8-43FC-A602-85B277C72FBA.thumb.jpeg.597aabfff1b586f22e1062974f4b7029.jpeg31724393-10FF-497F-9879-A665762D8476.thumb.jpeg.9bbb3ed2547ba1baff735778396a0a1b.jpeg1CF0F036-5C96-437F-9F4A-87EF5AA8F320.thumb.jpeg.87489d50247e1cf5c1801404c9a479af.jpeg

And thanks to you forum members my Adam’s collection has quickly grown..of course i needed every product thats made.

9F73BCDA-DFE1-4B2A-A8F1-072BA2403B70.thumb.jpeg.50c096a4cff2c3826b4a991c8367c3fc.jpeg

I hope this is helpful to members either thinking about CC or full correction their vehicle. 

I was very worried about screwing up

both my cars.  But im very OcD about my cars and Im actaully very satisfied with the results. 

????Sk and CC kit well worth it and easy to use!! 

Good luck

60A3BF56-7E1E-4F94-836C-71059445FAB3.jpeg

6 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, VetteDream said:

Looks great - nice job!  And just when you think it can’t get any more shine, add Ceramic Paste Wax - you will be amazed ?!

CPW..im sure it will end up in my arsenal. But my wallet was still hurting from the SK and Cc kit purchases and most of products on the Adams website!!!

@tlbullet great job!  Crazy how similar I feel about the ceramic coating.  I've done three cars now, both of mine are blue, and my wife's is a dark red / almost maroon.  I felt like it was easier to see the coating as I was applying it on her car, much like you did on the black car vs. the white.  Her's was the third car I applied it to, so I thought I would / should be getting better, but hers is the only one I saw any high spots on (on about 1/2 the hood).  I also thought that using the ceramic boost on her car was more difficult, maybe it was all the same, and the darker paint just shows the imperfections / excess product more easily than the blue.  I live in Florida, it was much more humid this time around as opposed to the other two times I worked on the cars, so I'm thinking this may have been a factor as well.  Glad to see I'm not totally crazy........

3 hours ago, KoryMiller340 said:

@tlbullet great job!  Crazy how similar I feel about the ceramic coating.  I've done three cars now, both of mine are blue, and my wife's is a dark red / almost maroon.  I felt like it was easier to see the coating as I was applying it on her car, much like you did on the black car vs. the white.  Her's was the third car I applied it to, so I thought I would / should be getting better, but hers is the only one I saw any high spots on (on about 1/2 the hood).  I also thought that using the ceramic boost on her car was more difficult, maybe it was all the same, and the darker paint just shows the imperfections / excess product more easily than the blue.  I live in Florida, it was much more humid this time around as opposed to the other two times I worked on the cars, so I'm thinking this may have been a factor as well.  Glad to see I'm not totally crazy........

It finally rained..pretty neat how the sides of the car were bone dry within minutes of it stopping.

I washed the cars too. The time alone that the CC will save me from drying will pay for itself within a few months.  I literally walked around it quickly with a blower and it was bone dry.