Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bug and tar remover

I was wondering if Adams has any plans for a bug and tar remover? I looked in the forums and didn't see any other topics covering this subject. I tried several and none seem to do the trick if anyone else has any other suggestions I'm open to hear them thank you!

Marc, I like the username. Happy fun ball sticks to certain types of skin. Do not taunt happy fun ball. Hahaha. But to answer your q. I thought I did see a post from Dan or one of the others stating they had something in development. That was a while back so maybe they scrapped it. Adams wants to make sure they’re giving you a product that delivers results and is safe and easy to use. Maybe they couldn’t strike that balance. There are a lot of methods you can use with pretreatment and pressure washing that should get you good results. Adam had a video about it from some years back using waterless wash as a pre treat. I’ve seen where people say soak microfiber towels in waterless or Rinseless solution and place them over. Bug guts to extend dwell time. Junkman has a good video about it. Look him up on YouTube if you get the chance.

Edited by Junior

Always testing things, we are. That is all I can say for now :)

Waterless Wash works great for me in most instances, especially if the bugs are fairly fresh. I'll spray down the front end of my car, allow it to soak for 2-3 minutes (in the shade), and then either blast with the pressure washer or go over them with the Microfiber Mitt and Car Shampoo to remove the bugs and any streaking from the WW

On 6/13/2018 at 5:28 PM, happyfunball said:

I was wondering if Adams has any plans for a bug and tar remover? I looked in the forums and didn't see any other topics covering this subject. I tried several and none seem to do the trick if anyone else has any other suggestions I'm open to hear them thank you!

Are you looking to remove bugs or tar?  APC will work for Tar, but you will need to reapply the LSP.  For bugs, soak a thin MF towel in your wash solution, then place over the 'bugy' area.  Leave on for 5-10 minutes (maybe wash the wheels), and they should wipe off (this works on our nasty love bugs).  And the LSP is left in place!

20 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

Always testing things, we are. That is all I can say for now :)

Waterless Wash works great for me in most instances, especially if the bugs are fairly fresh. I'll spray down the front end of my car, allow it to soak for 2-3 minutes (in the shade), and then either blast with the pressure washer or go over them with the Microfiber Mitt and Car Shampoo to remove the bugs and any streaking from the WW

Dan, would this process be safe on clear bra's too? Obviously using the pressure washer needs to be taken lightly around the edges to not peel it back.

38 minutes ago, zeps7784 said:

Dan, would this process be safe on clear bra's too? Obviously using the pressure washer needs to be taken lightly around the edges to not peel it back.

Yep, just don't allow the Waterless Wash to dry onto the clear bra material. If you put a nice layer of Ceramic Boost on the clear bra first to make the surface incredibly slick, you most likely won't need the pressure washer - you should be able to wipe them away with a wash pad and one of our soaps without much trouble :)

I have tried every bug remover available for the past 30 years, and a few years ago finally discovered one that truly works well - better than anything else.  

Since Adams doesn't carry such a product, hopefully it's okay for me to mention an outside brand.  In fact, since it's made in the U.S.A., perhaps Adams could strike up a deal and repackage the product under the Adams name and both companies could benefit.

Anyway, the product is called Splat Bug Remover and is made by Machinist Mate.  It uses enzymes to dissolve the bugs.  You just spray it on, wait 3 minutes and spray it off with a strong stream of water from a hose.  I've found that if you treat your car right after driving it, you will get 99.99% of the bugs off.  In cases where I got lazy and waited two weeks, it still got 90% of the bugs off.  For the remainder, I simply sprayed a little bit of the product on, and the bugs wiped right off with an Adams double soft towel.

Here is the product, for anyone interested.  I buy it buy the gallon now.

https://machinistmate.com/pages/splat-bug-remover

IMG_1743.jpg