Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing Liquid Glass From Paint

nfd789

Question

For the last two years, I have used liquid glass on my Silverado. The process was fairly easy and the results were phenomenal. Although I would love to continue using it, it seems that the company went under and I can not find it anywhere.  Since my supply is out, I want to replace the liquid glass with another product. Before I use another product, I want to make sure it is completely off my truck. Does anyone have any recommendations on how I should do this? Some people say Dawn Dish Soap will do the trick, and others say that I need to polish it. If I need to polish, what steps should I take? I have a DA polisher and Adams correcting polish. I have no other polishes.

My next question.. Does anyone have any recommendations for a comparable product? I am looking for something easy to use that is long lasting and gets that extreme shine that Liquid glass provided. (See the picture below for what Liquid Glass got me).  I see Adams has quite a few products, but I am not sure if they are within my budget.

Thanks!

IMG_20171001_164044.jpg

6 answers to this question

Adam’s liquid glass is called Ceramic coating. I just applied to both my cars. Easy to use

and looks great. 

I havent had to remove a coating yet but from what i have read on these forums you will definatley have to use a machine, such as Adams swirl killer w/ a finishing polish.  The dawn soap will do nothing to remove the coating.  It will remove any waxes ontop of the coating (alhiugh adams recommmends only cermic wax ontop of the cermic coating!!). 

I used to use liquid glass years ago.   Not sure if I would compare it to ceramic coating even thought its a non wax carbon based product.

I think a regular strip wash should remove it. It was decent wax but did wear off like any other wax for me.

That said JR's recommendation of ceramic coating is a good one and was my choice on my Silvy.

Just now, rrmccabe said:

I used to use liquid glass years ago.   Not sure if I would compare it to ceramic coating even thought its a non wax carbon based product.

I think a regular strip wash should remove it. It was decent wax but did wear off like any other wax for me.

That said JR's recommendation of ceramic coating is a good one and was my choice on my Silvy.

Oh im not familar with “liquid glass” product.. i assumed it was a differnt companies name for their cermaic coating!!   Had me sold. 

On 6/28/2018 at 10:03 AM, briarpatch said:

The website for Liquid Glass is still up.....I'm guessing you tried to contact them to no avail?

Tried calling. Number is disconnected.