Customer Service 866.965.0400

Calling All Adam's Enthusiasts and Shine Freaks Alike! 

It's time for your voice to be heard louder than ever-- Coming from HQ in Denver, we value each and every one of the members on this forum and look to it for improving not only our product line, but overall path for creating the greatest products for our customers. 

With that being said, I'd truly appreciate any input from you guys personally on how we can improve in the customer experience. Furthermore, I'd like to know what you love about our website and can't stand at the same time-- What could be improved with our checkout process? How our dealer locator could be elevated to the next level? 

This quest for information can include sites from which you shop frequently and like a particular feature about, or even a product that you (painful to say this) purchase from a competitor because you feel ours is obsolete/not aware enough. 

Too Long,Didn't Read: What do you (the customer) want and how can we help? 

Let's stir up the information bucket! ?

I like the chat button that pops up but I think it can get too much when you cycle through various webpages. Give me one chance to talk then don't ask again.

The biggest thing I struggle with these last few months is when I call it's usually for a question pertaining to an order or application and more often than not, the call goes unanswered. I understand the growth and on boarding but I would like to see more dedicated phone staff to pickup when someone calls.

Some of the product descriptions and what's included could be better, an itemized list if you will. Along with more details pictures and video demos (chemical guys does a really good job at this).

Either way, it's always good to hear from the audience and know what we think. I appreciate the effort here and look forward to the future of Adams.

The one enhancement that I would like for the shopping experience is to be able to put Out of Stock items on the Wish List and get alerted when it is back in stock.  Not only would this help the member in knowing they can order it, but it would also let Adam's know how many need to be produced or procured, especially for the specialty items.  The two examples that I'll reference are the Small Detail Cart and MicroFiber Blanket.   

I think it's excellent that Adams solicits feedback like this from their users! it's truly the most effective way for any company in any industry to stay relevant and informed and progress to new levels. I agree that itemized list of packages would be helpful. A wishlist would also be useful. When i was first putting together a list of supplies i needed i would put them in the shopping cart to keep track of them all but then my list would eventually get thrown out of the cart and i'd have to shop them all again. A wishlist would fix that. 

I think an in depth description of the uses of each product could be helpful also. Maybe a pdf link from the product page that lists dilution ratios and what other surfaces its commonly used on as well as what surfaces it should NOT be used on. For instance, Brilliant Glaze is used for many other things than paint application but if someone is not on this forum they'd probably never know. That would also show how versatile your products are and add value to their use.

On a local note, your Denver HQ is the one place your customers can put a face to the company and interact with adams people face to face. I can't stress how important it is to ensure that these interactions are successful and fulfilling for the customer. The few times i've been into the Denver HQ i've been offered help and overall satisfied with the experience i have but not necessarily blown away. I do think the shop could be better merchandised and have different labeled categories for Interior/Exterior/Correction etc. Right now they're just loosely grouped and sitting on the shelf. I think that could really help novice detailers wrap their mind around all the different products. Otherwise it could be very easy to come in and get overwhelmed and intimidated by all the different options.

Hi Kyle, from a woman's perspective, would love to have seen a t-shirt with the detail girl image, as well think there were not enough of the detail girl stickers made, as was not even able to get one, as they sold out that quickly.  As  you can tell by the forum chats, a lot of those pink Adams Polishes hats were snagged up by the wives/girlfriends of members soon as picked up.  While I like the T-shirts, they are all in Men's cut and they just do not flatter nor fit right on a woman (even the fuller sized group).  Know ordering in advance the different sizes and guessing what every woman would want is difficult, yet what we do a version of JIT ordering for one of our car groups.  We get our design set up with the printer, find out what our minimum order will be, then we go out to the members with a time frame to respond by (say a week), we take the orders and payments, then we place the order.   We get the sizes each person wants and we do not have waste/inventory sitting around.  Logistically only issue then is delivery...however with Adam's polishes you could make it part of a special mystery trunk organizer purchase that will ship only when the shirts are in, so that you only have that one time shipping of all items.  You might just be surprised by the response....   

On the video note, I would like to see some videos that are geared directly toward teaching women detailing.  I don't mean that we do not understand the videos, what I mean is that women actually do see things differently and need a different way of explaining.  For instance, have seen many women who prefer a revolver over a slide action pistol, as they cannot "pull" the slide.  When I have met them, have showed them differently than what they were told or shown....which is that you do not actually "pull" the slide.  You hold the slide and push the pistol forward, they are always amazed at the difference that it makes. I then tell them to watch now how a guy does it, and now they can see that the guy is not pulling the slide (I have seen guys who do just pull the slide, but really they all push the pistol forward at the same time). 

Anywho, you may have a bigger following than you may realize with a female customer base....so marketing a little more to them would not be a bad idea.  Including videos that are of women detailers showing how women detail cars (yes we detail the same as guys in the long run, but we may be shorter, have less arm reach, our grip may not be as tight, we may not put as much pressure down, etc)….so videos showing a women overcoming those things will show them that they can as well & can make their car just as shiny or even better than other "guys" at car shows.  I for one know that even to get to the top of the roof on some cars or to the center of the windshield will need a step platform....heck I have even been known to go through a sunroof to get to the roof of pickup trucks & make sure done correctly...

Picture is of my grandmother (and who I was named after) holding a beam during assembly of a Boeing B29 Superfortress while another women secures it.  She is the one who always told me that I can do anything in the world, so long as I want to do it (and of course not doing harm to others).  That is why I like to say, WE CAN DETAIL CARS TOO!

20131011_093824 (3).jpg

Edited by Liralen

Honestly, it used to be really cool to be on the forums and hear of developmental stuff, and see photos of it. Lately on the forums it seems that aside from Dan and Chris and some moderators (Who are not official Adams employees) there is little to no interaction from the Adams staff. It seems that the forums have become a place for the members which is great, but has been neglected and almost forgotten about by Adams, with Instagram or other social media outlets getting first crack at anything, or even first knowledge of it. 

I understand Adam is a busy man and I have heard he sees what goes on here, which is evident recently when he made a rare appearance. But lets take a look at the post counts for a moment...

Adam 4,607 posts, 1 in 2018, and 9 total in 2017. 

Chris 22,625

Dan 2,671

Matt 305 Joined Sept 2011 Has not Posted since Jan of 2017, has not even logged into the forums since Aug of 2017. 

Kourtney 42 Joined August 2015 last Visit May 2018

Joe 47 (Yes I am aware he is the Photo/Videographer he is awesome at it.) Not posted since 2016

Kyle 61 Joined Nov 2017 Last visit, Today. 

Kyle I wont draw comparisons to your predecesor, that will happen alot no matter what is said, you need to make that role yours. What I will say is that the following and such that he had was due not only to a passion for what he did, but also his interaction with the group. Posting on here, dropping tips and tricks, even doing a Q&A type vid series at one point, which shared some GREAT knowledge and some simple stuff that can be overlooked. 

I would love to see some forum driven stuff, maybe its just a photo of someone with a non descript bottle or something like that. I understand that trying to beat your competition to stuff is key, first on the market with the best product wins...but if social media sees it and that has to be cross posted by members to the community....where is the secret? Maybe it could work something of what it used to where the forums would see an update of the sale coming before all the email subscriptions went out. I have seen that there are listings for giveaways that happen, usually not a word hits the forums for them anymore, releases are almost prelaunched on social media platforms, sneak peaks on these and nothing to the forums...maybe that is the simple answer to how things are going to move forward....

Kyle,

I think it’s awesome you are looking to get input from customers/forum members. Obviously, Adams cannot please everyone, but you guys definitely seem to connect with customers better than most companies I know. You guys do a lot of things right. Let’s start with that.

Pros

Customer focused

Back product line with excellent support

Quality products made in USA when possible

Great team led by a real good guy in Adam

Cons

Forum support from actual Adams team seems to have diminished in recent years quite drastically

Prices are fairly high. I get that there is support baked in and there’s always a sale and sometimes discontinued things get drastically reduced, but most of the time 15% is all we can get off. It would be awesome to see Adams look at stats and maybe heavily discount slow sellers every now and then. Or so group buys on the Forum or social media. 

Speaking of which, Some of the social media seems geared towards people who use terms like lit and fleek and bae. Those folks don’t know how to use proper English. I wouldn’t want them touching my car. At least based on the comments and some of the pair ups with some of the weird clothing brands (I guess that’s what they are) something called untamed I think. Those things tend to be happening a lot along with mystery boxes but some of the things folks ask for on the regular get no play. It’s like the focus is all over the place with things like that and product offerings that are really very strange honestly. I will always buy Adams as long as they continue the stellar product line and support. But the weird one off things don’t really appeal to me much. I like to detail cars. I really don’t care about having a backpack with Adams on it or a detail spray that says untamed. It seems like you guys are trying to do limited edition things like that to appeal to the cool crowd. I doubt most of those folks really know much about car detailing. I start looking at Adams sort of like how I looked at Chemical Guys. That’s not a good thing.

Edited by Junior

Just thinking about how you guys could improve the site experience some, maybe an easier way to view order history. On Amazon, it shows the items individually in scroll view. Is there any way we can open our order history that way? Even if it doesn’t show the pic maybe just the description and a reorder link at the item level would be nice. I doubt I will ever reorder an order twice because I typically have multiple products on the orders, but the specific products I reorder all the time. Also the search feature is not very usable on an iPad. Would there be any way to take us to the search results vs have them show in a drop down? These are all pretty small suggestions. Another one would be seeing your YouTube videos linked in a central location on the Adams site. The videos section has all the general how tos but is missing a ton of awesome YouTube content. Maybe there is a legit reason behind that, but I find myself bouncing over to YouTube quite often to see the latest and greatest content. Lastly, and I have asked for these things a few times, but maybe it’s just too difficult to make happen-

Gallon Refill kit- Car Shampoo, Detail Spray, APC, Waterless Wash

Mix and match 4 or 6 bottle kits (buyer selects their kit)

Odor Neutralizer in Gallon PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR...

And like I said maybe do some group buys so you guys can gauge interest in things or sell slow moving products.

I hope this helps foster some ideas or feedback from you guys. Like you said let’s get some discussion going

In regards to above, what about just making an order pad type thing that would show off everything you ordered, I know when I order stuff at Staples via our corp account there is a list of the most common items you order that you can simply change quantities and put a checkmark next to it and then when you have what you want marked just click add to cart. Something similar to using the wish list function. 

53 minutes ago, Junior said:

And like I said maybe do some group buys so you guys can gauge interest in things or sell slow moving products.

Even doing a GB again would be cool. They did one a couple years ago for 4 gallons of your choice (There were a couple exclusions but only like VRT and H2O) There was hope that it would be done more often, but alas it was not to be so far. I think it would be cool to get a forum only offer, granted Dan had to do a TON of extra work to make it happen and I am sure that added to the cost of it overall but it was really cool. Would love to see some more forum only offers out there. 

I like that list idea Jim!

One other thing I was thinking about that also might foster more product reviews would be like a featured review of the month or  week. Let’s say the winner of that gets a $5 or $10 gift card. And maybe even a place where we can see the most recent reviews in one spot versus at the product level. I have been lazy in submitting reviews lately. This would kick me into gear.

Edited by Junior

@Kyle@Adams I was also thinking about all the Mystery Boxes I bought and ended up getting duplicates of things I already had most of the time. It wasn’t too big of an issue because many times I either wouldn’t have to reorder or I could give some product to my customers. Just curious if you guys would ever do a more specific mystery box. Say for instance, an interior MB or Polishing MB. I wonder if that would get more of the old crowd involved more. Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Junior said:

@Kyle@Adams I was also thinking about all the Mystery Boxes I bought and ended up getting duplicates of things I already had most of the time. It wasn’t too big of an issue because many times I either wouldn’t have to reorder or I could give some product to my customers. Just curious if you guys would ever do a more specific mystery box. Say for instance, an interior MB or Polishing MB. I wonder if that would get more of the old crowd involved more. Just a thought.

They've only offered it once that I know of and that was back in April. Here's the history/details.

Might just be me, or maybe others too, but my wish list via my account profile has said "We'll be back soon" for months and months. I called and talked with someone, but still no fix. Would be nice to be able to use this feature again.

Here's a screenshot. Someone from Adam's can PM me for my account info.

Screenshot_20180625-194853.thumb.png.230c33befe557404990edfafa7735fe8.png

Edited by falcaineer

All great feedback! Coatings/Protection for interior components are coming soon. In regards to the mystery boxes, we keep the mystery box a "mystery" because of simply the name! We have done a polisher mystery box and it was well received, we'll do it again soon as it's been a month or so since the last one. 

The wish list is one thing we're considering implementing again, but there are a few bugs we need to fix first! 

Thanks.