Customer Service 866.965.0400

first time with mini swirl killer

wely324

Question

I got to use my new mini swirl killer for the first time and it is the exact polisher I needed for those concave panels and small areas my rupes 15mk2 doesn't work so well at. The big thing I noticed was how nicely I was able to adjust my pressure to get the pad spinning at the right speed. 

Is the washer mod worth it? Thinking of trying it with my rupes 15mk2, hoping to get better control of pad speed as it seems to bind up easily with not too much pressure.

Here are a few shots after a two step correction I did. Adam's products used were, mini swirl killer, detail spray, the older gray clay bar. 

IMG_2033 2.JPG

IMG_6932 2.JPG

5 answers to this question

Thanks, it was my first go doing a full car two step correction. I definitely missed a few spots or not enough correction. I think I need to invest in a light so I can see the progress of the correction better.

On 6/19/2018 at 9:15 AM, shane@detailedreflections said:

We don't run the washer mod on ours.  Our backing plate spins perfectly free, so I don't feel as though there's a need.  It doesn't stall (and we mark our backing plates so we can tell if they do).  We have a 15 and a 21, both are mkII though. 

Same setup, I think it's mostly user error and lack of proper lights along with working outside. I think I'll leave it alone, it's a nice way of knowing I'm probably doing something wrong. 

Regardless she looks way better now. 

IMG_2084.thumb.jpg.68b65d599f2fcb041b4ad1553bda46ba.jpg

Your car looks awesome Billy! I had the same issue with my black RX7 when I first did the paint correction on it. I felt like I made a lot of mistakes but I learned a lot from the forum/videos and I was able to hone my skills a bit and when I did my buddies FD I was able to have a better finished product.