Customer Service 866.965.0400

Revive and Briliant glaze Oh MY

drkjed

Question

Ok so as I gather all my new toys and products together for the next not raining day off...I am trying to get everything strait in my head...Its a pearl White finish with metallic and in overall great shape ...some very  minor love marks here and there nothing major...

So after wash and clay would Revive be best prior to LPS or would Brilliant glaze be a better choice after clay prior to LPS???

Or would there be any benefit to go all crazy and after clay go to revive and then Brilliant Glaze and finish off  with LPS???

I guess I am a little overwhelmed with all these choice and what would give me the most on a white pearl metallic finish

5 answers to this question

It's not crazy at all.  Revive is a polish.  Use it after clay.

I would use Paint Sealant next.  Works best on bare paint.

Add Brilliant Glaze as a topper to make it really POP!

I have a pearl white metallic paint, as well. I agree with @Beemer, my recommendation is strip wash, clay, polish, (remove clay and polish residue with 50/50 iso alcohol or full-strength Coating Prep), and then PS. You can add BG last to make it shine, but after it wears off in a week or two, i recommend you use HGG to maintain every 4 washes or so. Bottom line, white really responds well to PS and HGG. You should also consider the W&W.

Note Revive isn't very powerful, so while you said you have some minor imperfections, if you have scratches or swirls, you'll need something stronger.

16 minutes ago, drkjed said:

awesome info thanks a bunch that give the me the direction I needed 

You bet! Here's a link to the results I got using this process a few months ago (click on "falcaineer replied to a topic" or the subdued arrow to take you directly to the post)...

Edited by falcaineer

On 6/23/2018 at 8:10 PM, falcaineer said:

I have a pearl white metallic paint, as well. I agree with @Beemer, my recommendation is strip wash, clay, polish, (remove clay and polish residue with 50/50 iso alcohol or full-strength Coating Prep), and then PS. You can add BG last to make it shine, but after it wears off in a week or two, i recommend you use HGG to maintain every 4 washes or so. Bottom line, white really responds well to PS and HGG. You should also consider the W&W.

Note Revive isn't very powerful, so while you said you have some minor imperfections, if you have scratches or swirls, you'll need something stronger.

I was actually just digging around the forum to see if you could apply PS over polish. Was very happy to see this post, will definitely be trying it out soon, especially after seeing the results you got.