Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Gun VS Foam Cannon

Eperuza

Question

Those of you with both a foam gun and foam cannon, do you find yourself using one over the other depending on the situation?

If I don't have a lot of time ahead of me it's a pain getting out the pressure washer, so I picked up a foam gun. Hopefully won't see negative results for not using a pressure washer to rinse the car with when I decide to not pull it out... 

7 answers to this question

Similar situation here.  I have an electric power washer, so it's not quite as much of a hassle as a gas powered one.  I use the power washer more in the wintr time when I have salt that needs to get rinsed off, or if I'm doing someone's car that is really dirty.  

Hey Jeremy,

I have both and honestly I'm surprised at how much I reach for the foam gun. I bought the premium foam gun and foam cannon around the same time. The foam cannon is a much better performing tool in regards to the amount of foam and the thickness of foam that it provides. The premium foam gun still puts out enough foam/suds to properly lubricate the vehicle before touching with my wash mitt. 

Those facts being said, I always plan on getting the pressure washer out and hooking up the foam cannon. That plan doesn't happen most of the time. I tend to reach for the foam gun a vast majority of the time I wash. It's just quicker and easier to use. Both are great products, but if you're anything like me, you will find yourself reaching for the foam gun more often. Plus, when your vehicle is detailed with Adam's Polishes products, the foam cannon tends to be overkill to use for a weekly wash.

I tried out my foam gun the other day. I loved how convenient it was to use as opposed to the pressure washer. I don't like using my pressure washer to clean wheels. I really like the hose much more. The quick disconnect is such a great feature. Don't have to swap anything like the foam cannon. My car is really well maintained and I still like a layer of foam for lubricity so the foam gun works wonders. The foam cannon definitely makes much thicker foam though. 

On 6/28/2018 at 1:22 PM, tmevilsizor said:

Hey Jeremy,

I have both and honestly I'm surprised at how much I reach for the foam gun. I bought the premium foam gun and foam cannon around the same time. The foam cannon is a much better performing tool in regards to the amount of foam and the thickness of foam that it provides. The premium foam gun still puts out enough foam/suds to properly lubricate the vehicle before touching with my wash mitt. 

Those facts being said, I always plan on getting the pressure washer out and hooking up the foam cannon. That plan doesn't happen most of the time. I tend to reach for the foam gun a vast majority of the time I wash. It's just quicker and easier to use. Both are great products, but if you're anything like me, you will find yourself reaching for the foam gun more often. Plus, when your vehicle is detailed with Adam's Polishes products, the foam cannon tends to be overkill to use for a weekly wash.

I was just toying around with upgrading to the cannon. I think your write up really helped me determine I still want it but will be just fine with the gun for the time being

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:14 AM, NM15 said:

I was just toying around with upgrading to the cannon. I think your write up really helped me determine I still want it but will be just fine with the gun for the time being

Thank you Nick. I'm glad I could help someone. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. I have bought MANY products and can help guide you if needed. SHINE ON!

5 minutes ago, tmevilsizor said:

Thank you Nick. I'm glad I could help someone. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. I have bought MANY products and can help guide you if needed. SHINE ON!

I really appreciate it Tyler, look forward to sharing more tips of the trade with you in the future

When I was deciding between the Foam Gun and Foam Cannon, I thought about how many times I had pulled out my pressure sprayer to wash the vehicles.  It had been over 18 years, which is when I lived up north and dealt with the Salt and Mud.   Since then I have not used the pressure washer on a vehicle, so there was no need to get the Cannon.  I do believe that if I was still up north running the dirt/mud roads, then I'd have the Gun and Cannon.