Customer Service 866.965.0400

VRT vs. 303 Products

Eric91Z

Question

So, did my first use of the Tire Shine today.  Smells wonderful, but almost too shiny/glossy for me.  And the 1+ hour setup time just isn't overly practical at times.  Prior to this, I have always used 303 products on my tires, trim, bed cover, etc.  Been pleased and the one I use on the tires has UV protection and you can layer on for the amount of glossy look you want.  And dry time is pretty quick and pretty much have never had a flinging issue driving the car not too long after putting on.

So, checked and do not see anywhere that Tire Shine has an UV protection.  See that VRT has SPF 35.  So you get UV protection for whatever you use it on.  I have yet to try the VRT thought.

Anyone else ever use or compare VRT to 303 products?  Which do you favor or are you using now?  Going back and forth?  VRT priced close to 303 products, but the form it comes in looks like it could last longer than 303 spray products.

What do you guys think?

7 answers to this question

Have not, but the VRT is a great tire product without the gloss of tire shine. 

The nice thing about VRT is you can control the shine amount by buffing it down with a towel.  I typically put it on and let it soak in a little bit and then rub it down with my microfiber utility towel.  Gives me the look I want.

2 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

Have not, but the VRT is a great tire product without the gloss of tire shine. 

The nice thing about VRT is you can control the shine amount by buffing it down with a towel.  I typically put it on and let it soak in a little bit and then rub it down with my microfiber utility towel.  Gives me the look I want.

Good to know.  Do you use it on anything other than tires?  Any of the stuff on the High Country:  bed rail covers, mud flaps, front lower air dam, bed cover?  I also have the tow mirrors on my Silverado and that is a lot of black plastic to cover there.  The 303 has done well so far with that.

30 minutes ago, Eric91Z said:

Anyone else ever use or compare VRT to 303 products?  Which do you favor or are you using now?  Going back and forth?  VRT priced close to 303 products, but the form it comes in looks like it could last longer than 303 spray products.

I found an older bottle of 303 when reorganizing recently and used it on my vinyl tonneau cover.  I bought for the cover, but forgot about it after starting with Adam's.  I liked it for the cover, as it is sprayable, so easier to use over a large area.  I have used VRT on the cover, and cannot really say one out performed the other.

TS is my preference for tires vs. VRT. Lasts longer, and if you don't like the sheen, simply keep wiping a bit longer to knock it down, or wipe with an old towel or the applicator. 

"VRT milk" is VRT diluted 50/50 and makes it into a sprayable form for use on bed covers, as well as hot tub covers, etc.

28 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

Yes, have did everything except the cover Eric and am trying HGG on that.

Only issue is it will leave streaks down the paint after rains. Has not been too bad on this truck.

Used the HGG on the cover today when I was washing it (before the rain hit).  Got HGG on all the truck and the wheels (two coats on the wheels, actually).  So far it looks good, but I had used 303 on it a couple weeks ago when I did the full detail of the truck to begin with (before I had the HGG).

Definitely would not like to see streaks running down, especially on a white truck!  Makes me think of the black streaks we get on our camper all the time!  Hate cleaning those off, but at least they come off easy enough.

Chris, my only hang ups with the TS on the tires are: just a bit too glossy looking for me, and I like a little gloss to it, long dry/setup time, and no UV protection.  If the TS lasts longer than the VRT, that's a great plus, but would like to see some UV protection put in it...

Been using Adam's solely for at least 15 years (maybe 16) so I have no experience with 303.  But VRT is what I've been using on my tires.  Works great and doesn't sling.