Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pet hair

MrRaspberryJam

Question

I’m sure this is a pretty controversial topic so I’m gonna go ahead and open that can of worms anyway lol I’m a professional detailer and I’m sure, just like everybody else, going against pet hair is always a PIA. I just wanna know what’s everybody’s secret for removing it from cloth seats? I’ve tried everything from tape to a lint roller to a brush “meant for dog hair” and nothing seems to work 

8 answers to this question

Silicone mitts work well.  And if you can't find a mitt, they make silicone hot pads in the kitchen departments of most stores that work just as well.  And they rinse off real easy.  Used to use those when we had a cat that liked to sleep on beds. 

It might sound odd or abstract, but try spritzing lightly (full coverage, though) with some fabric softener first. Then try to vacuum it up. The pet hair is usually bonded pretty well with static electricity and the fabric softener helps with that. 

12 hours ago, Mbrazelton said:

I've found that putting a rubber glove on, then spraying the seat down with water or cleaner, then most of it will stick to the glove. 

I came here to add almost this exact same comment...

Heard someone mentioned just this evening a latex glove wipe down, with either the glove or seat a little wet...sorry, don't remember which one...will essentially roll the pet hair into a rope. Guess you move little by little and doesn't take long at all. Never tried it, but the guy swore by it with white pet hair on black interior.

On 6/30/2018 at 6:29 PM, Rich said:

Silicone mitts work well.  And if you can't find a mitt, they make silicone hot pads in the kitchen departments of most stores that work just as well.  And they rinse off real easy.  Used to use those when we had a cat that liked to sleep on beds. 

never heard of this before. is this what you mean?

https://www.amazon.com/2-Pet-Glove-Furniture-Deshedding/dp/B015UE70PI