Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's in the News!

Rich

Year 26 for Cruisin' Ocean City in Maryland and the local news did a report about the changed speed laws during the event.  Watching the video, I caught one guy using Waterless Wash on his ride. Check it out at .30 in the video.  EVERYONE uses Adam's!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have only been to this event once with my car. So many cops giving out tickets for front plates I will never go back. Lots of people acting stupid which drawls the cops in. Can't say I blame the cops 100%. Wish it was a more civilized event. Everyone uses Adams I am not surprised to see itt in the video.

2 hours ago, SS LeadFoot said:

I have only been to this event once with my car. So many cops giving out tickets for front plates I will never go back. Lots of people acting stupid which drawls the cops in. Can't say I blame the cops 100%. Wish it was a more civilized event. Everyone uses Adams I am not surprised to see itt in the video.

Tickets for front plates? :wacko:

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

Pretty sure he meant for not having front license plates on.  In Washington it happens as well, just depends on who cares enough to stop you....and yes they can stop you here and give you a $142 ticket for no front plate...unless your car is a registered classic car or you got an exception letter from the state patrol (which they rarely give out).

They don't hand them out to non Md. residents. And if you do get one, the judge throws them out.  No big deal really.  Doesn't go on your record. Just annoying. Been going there for over 20  years and never got stopped once for any reason.

23 hours ago, falcaineer said:

-in the state of Maryland,  law states you need a front tag and rear tag

-Ocean City MD, is the 2nd largest city in the state, but only June-August  (next to Baltimore 1st, and then Rockville being the normal 2nd).  With that being said, they hire a large amount of newer or small town cops, that sometimes feel the need to prove themselves....now with that being said, it is also a family/resort town, so we as people blame those young “rent a cops” at times for being picky or being “ticket nazi’s” but they may also have strict directives due to the children running around every year, and the multitudes of deaths each year in the city.   Just some insight.

This year brought huge changes to the town. The city went before the state and asked for permission to implement "special event zones" along Coastal Highway.  Reduced speed limits with double or triple fines. And the police have the right to impound tubbed cars, or anyone they feel is outside of Maryland motor vehicle laws.  Costs a minimum of $1000 to get your car back.  The zones are only enforced for Cruisin,  Bike Week, and Endless Summer Cruise In.  The reason that they did this is because for the last several years, there's been an event in Berlin Md. called H20i  and it was supposed to be only for VW and Audi enthusiasts.  Well, the first few years went great. But then word got out to the rowdy "ricer" boys who had nothing to do with VW's or Audi's, but decided this was the perfect time to bring their souped up, tubbed Mitsubishis and Hondas and Toyotas , etc. to town and just generally raise Hell.  And they did.  Two years ago it got so bad that property was destroyed, residents and visitors were terrorized, and there weren't enough cops to handle it.  It cost the city several million dollars to repair all the damage. So they worked with the organizer of H20i, and he cancelled the entire event last year. But that didn't stop the boneheads from returning to OC for the sole purpose of causing mayhem.  And they succeeded last year.  It was worse than the previous year.  A cop was run over, people were attacked, and there were major arrests.  The entire town, residents and business owners alike, demanded that the city do something about it.  Hence, the Special Event Zone laws.  And they were enforced this year for Cruisin in May.  And it cut way back on the burnouts and show offs.   The H20i event has been moved to Atlantic City NJ for this year, but according to the rowdy bunch's group page on FB,  they're still planning to head to OC at the end of September again this year for the sole purpose of showing that they're above the law. Don't know what the response is going to be by the city if they do.  Hopefully it's all just a bunch of talk.  But I doubt it. These kids don't have a whole brain between them.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:18 PM, pirahnah3 said:

They should only be able to do that for residents of that state as if they give one to a non resident then they are enforcing a state law on a non state resident who is not required to comply with that law. 

They can give the ticket to an out of state resident who's state requires them to have a front plate.  If other states are like ours, it will say it on your registration, so when the officer gets it they know whether you can or cannot.  Thankfully the officer in Montana did not ticket me for no front plate, but did mention it, well and thankfully he gave me a warning as well for the other reason he pulled me over.

On 8/4/2018 at 3:11 PM, Rich said:

This year brought huge changes to the town. The city went before the state and asked for permission to implement "special event zones" along Coastal Highway.  Reduced speed limits with double or triple fines. And the police have the right to impound tubbed cars, or anyone they feel is outside of Maryland motor vehicle laws.  Costs a minimum of $1000 to get your car back.  The zones are only enforced for Cruisin,  Bike Week, and Endless Summer Cruise In.  The reason that they did this is because for the last several years, there's been an event in Berlin Md. called H20i  and it was supposed to be only for VW and Audi enthusiasts.  Well, the first few years went great. But then word got out to the rowdy "ricer" boys who had nothing to do with VW's or Audi's, but decided this was the perfect time to bring their souped up, tubbed Mitsubishis and Hondas and Toyotas , etc. to town and just generally raise Hell.  And they did.  Two years ago it got so bad that property was destroyed, residents and visitors were terrorized, and there weren't enough cops to handle it.  It cost the city several million dollars to repair all the damage. So they worked with the organizer of H20i, and he cancelled the entire event last year. But that didn't stop the boneheads from returning to OC for the sole purpose of causing mayhem.  And they succeeded last year.  It was worse than the previous year.  A cop was run over, people were attacked, and there were major arrests.  The entire town, residents and business owners alike, demanded that the city do something about it.  Hence, the Special Event Zone laws.  And they were enforced this year for Cruisin in May.  And it cut way back on the burnouts and show offs.   The H20i event has been moved to Atlantic City NJ for this year, but according to the rowdy bunch's group page on FB,  they're still planning to head to OC at the end of September again this year for the sole purpose of showing that they're above the law. Don't know what the response is going to be by the city if they do.  Hopefully it's all just a bunch of talk.  But I doubt it. These kids don't have a whole brain between them.

While the majority of this is accurate the crusin and endless summer cruise crowd had just as much to do with the decision for "special event zones" as the H20i folks did.  Yes the kids were racing up and down coastal, but so were the crusin folks.  Just search youtube and you will see just as many videos of cars doing burnouts in traffic at the cruisin events as H20i.   It comes down to a small subset of the group ruining it for everyone.  Unfortunately, the lack of respect is far to common these days from both young and old.

16 hours ago, repoman82 said:

While the majority of this is accurate the crusin and endless summer cruise crowd had just as much to do with the decision for "special event zones" as the H20i folks did.  Yes the kids were racing up and down coastal, but so were the crusin folks.  Just search youtube and you will see just as many videos of cars doing burnouts in traffic at the cruisin events as H20i.   It comes down to a small subset of the group ruining it for everyone.  Unfortunately, the lack of respect is far to common these days from both young and old.

You may find some videos of newer cars , not ricers, or even older cars doing stuff., But the registered pre-76 cars had VERY VERY little to do with it.  Misinformation is a dangerous thing.

20 hours ago, Rich said:

You may find some videos of newer cars , not ricers, or even older cars doing stuff., But the registered pre-76 cars had VERY VERY little to do with it.  Misinformation is a dangerous thing.

I agree that misinformation is dangerous, hence the reason I was correcting you.  It appears we will not agree on this and that is ok.  I personally have no affiliation with either group just an outside observer.  If you ask the folks that used to go to H20 they would tell you it was the people that didn’t even go to the show that caused problems.  It is funny because both groups are way more similar than they realize.

From what you post on the forum I have respect for you and usually agree with you.   Have a great night.

I agree 100% that it wasn't the H20i participants that caused the trouble last year, because the show was cancelled and never even happened last year. Yet last year was the worst year, and most damage done to the town since the show began, and people just blamed the show. Not the show's fault because there wasn't one.   For me or anyone to assume that registered participants in ANY car show weren't involved would just be putting my head in the sand.  Just that my wife works for OC and has a little more inside info than what's out there on video, etc.

We've gone to 23 of the 26 years of Cruisin OC in May and we've seen it evolve from a great small show where the cars would cruise Coastal Highway after dark and people would sit in their beach chairs along the sidewalks and enjoy themselves, to the time when the diesel trucks started to outnumber the cars, would fill up their truck beds with water and throw it on people watching the cruisers and then blow their black smoke over everyone, and then evolve into the out of control nonsense that happened last year.  This year was pretty quiet because of the Special Event Zones.  But there were pockets.  The end of September is coming fast, and that's when the H20i show used to be. So if there's going to be trouble, that's when it will be this year. But the town is ready for them and hopefully they've moved on. 

Thanks for the kind words.  Nice to have a difference of opinion without having to argue.  So back at you with the respect.