Customer Service 866.965.0400

ceramic boost, why are you guys keeping secrets???

enoch7fa

Question

I was turned off to ceramic boost.  the first formula seemed very limited.  I tried it once and the experience sucked.  I got a couple bottles from mystery boxes and thought what a waist. then I read on forums that they improved the formula.  now you can use it on glass and trim, wet and dry.  I was chatting with a adams employee who told me he uses as a detail spray.  I was still hesitant.  I chatted this mourning with adams people again.  chandler told me what I heard was true about new formula and it works great.  he told me to wash car, he blows car off of 80% of water and the goes to town on everything exterior.  I decided to try it on my daughters car.  I washed car, misted car with detail spray and broke out the leaf blower got just about all the water off.  now came it was the time.  I was a little nervous.  I grabbed a couple micro towels and took a leap of faith and went to town!!  I started the first panel with spraying the boost on it working it on surface with one towel then using the other to buff it off.  at first I was ready to call chandler some names behind is back, it was coming off hard.  couple more swipes and I noticed the more I buffed it the slicker the paint got and the shinier it got. spraying it seemed a little wasteful so I ran to garage and grabbed a applicator.  spray on applicator and rub on surface buff to a " don't lean on my car shine you might slip off " was so much fun I will confess I rubbed more than I had too, kept trying to see how I can get this car to pop like crazy.  the windows were easy, and the effect on the trim was amazing. it shined and darkened like I used trim restorer.  I was tempted to take it inside to see what it would do lol.  the glass shined, the trim shined the chrome shined.  shined and sealed in one hit.  after using on my daughters jeep I only used maybe a quarter of the bottle and since I used this bottle to test on another car I could see it would last a while.  after a while the applicater was wet with boost and so I had only to give a small spray on it before next panel or surface and it kept going and going.  boost is now officially my favorite right now.  WHY ARE YOU GUYS KEEPING IT A SECRET??? WHERE ARE THE VIDEOS???? 

The man

The myth

The legend

The rookie

Cedric

8 answers to this question

Agreed.  Ceramic Boost is an awesome product.  I tried it recently on my Hellcat wheels and it made an incredible difference in the amount of brake dust that stuck to them.  With the most recent wash, I was able to blast away most of the brake dust with just the hose and the remaining amount came off easily with regular Car Shampoo and a little agitation.  The drying process was also improved after the Ceramic Boost application.  I'm not sure how long it will last on the wheels, but even if I only get another week or so, the juice was well worth the squeeze.  

I'm heading out to the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle on Friday AM, so I'll see how the CB holds up after 175 miles at highway speeds.........or slightly above highway speeds..........ok..... at well above highway speeds. :lol:

Edited by ZMAN024

I just used it on my black RX7 and it made it look WET! I think it was a combination of the Ceramic Paste Wax and Ceramic boost but I am almost willing to bet my bottom dollar that the Boost is what made it pop even more. Not to mention it helped break down any excessive wax that I wasn't able to buff off with elbow grease.

I don't know if i have the new or old version, but the application kind of stinks. It streaks and requires a good amount of effort to wipe clean, and managing overspray which results in more smearing is annoying. But the smell and gloss is top notch. 

On 8/4/2018 at 1:28 PM, JDrach said:

I don't know if i have the new or old version, but the application kind of stinks. It streaks and requires a good amount of effort to wipe clean, and managing overspray which results in more smearing is annoying. But the smell and gloss is top notch. 

The first time I used boost it seemed to buff off about like detail spray.  But after 6 weeks the boost I am putting on new seems to be pretty sticky and is turning my towels yellow which I did not notice before.

On 8/6/2018 at 6:51 AM, rrmccabe said:

The first time I used boost it seemed to buff off about like detail spray.  But after 6 weeks the boost I am putting on new seems to be pretty sticky and is turning my towels yellow which I did not notice before.

Rich,

Do you have the Ceramic Paint Coating on any of the vehicles?  Neither of my vehicles do and I have a bottle of this stuff, but haven't tried it.  Started reading and says can use on Ceramic or non-ceramic coated vehicles.  Just wondering if worth the effort to us on a vehicle or not...

On 8/4/2018 at 2:28 PM, JDrach said:

Thats why I always spray liquids directly into my towel. No overspray 

Edited by Ls1transam

1 minute ago, Eric91Z said:

Rich,

Do you have the Ceramic Paint Coating on any of the vehicles?  Neither of my vehicles do and I have a bottle of this stuff, but haven't tried it.  Started reading and says can use on Ceramic or non-ceramic coated vehicles.  Just wondering if worth the effort to us on a vehicle or not...

Well sorta. 

I have CC on my white High Country but it appears to be gone after 5 weeks. I am waiting on a response from Dan at Adams as I was told by one of Adams customer service reps that the issue is not covered under their warranty.

So waiting to see if they will send me replacement product or if I need to buy another brand of ceramic coating.

Adams sent old instructions with my kit (which I followed). The instructions were incorrect on how long to leave the product on the vehicle before buffing off.  I think this is my issue but having a hard time getting a response from them.

I have not tried boost on anything non coated if that is what you are asking.  I will be interested on seeing what Boost version 2 does.  Course if I switch brands I wont be using that.

Rich