Customer Service 866.965.0400

Trim protection

Brick1609

Question

Ok guys after reading through the forums and seeing mixed reviews of vrt as trim dressing I'm at a delima on what to use. I have a 2016 Silverado so there's not a lot of trim but some. I just don't want to deal with it running down the bed after it rains. 

4 answers to this question

36 minutes ago, Brick1609 said:

Ok guys after reading through the forums and seeing mixed reviews of vrt as trim dressing I'm at a delima on what to use. I have a 2016 Silverado so there's not a lot of trim but some. I just don't want to deal with it running down the bed after it rains. 

Well most protection is going to have an issue with streaking after rain from my experience. I am using VRT on my truck which is similar to yours.  The bed caps do not seem to do that to bad if you apply the VRT and buff it down with a towel.

I am pretty liberal with everything else on the truck. 

27 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

Well most protection is going to have an issue with streaking after rain from my experience. I am using VRT on my truck which is similar to yours.  The bed caps do not seem to do that to bad if you apply the VRT and buff it down with a towel.

I am pretty liberal with everything else on the truck. 

I figured it was a hit or miss depending on application. I'm gonna order some and give it a shot. Thanks for your input

I've had good luck with VRT not running after it rains. As stated above, apply the VRT and let it set for a couple minutes. Come back with a microfiber towel and knock it down. Prior to applying it make sure to wipe the trim down with TRC to assure the best bond and look possible.