Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polish needed for Ceramic?

brett

Question

I've got a 2016 corvette, It's garaged most of the time when I'm not driving it. I'm about to do the ceramic coating in the next few weeks. Everything I've read says do polishing paint correction to get rid of the swirl marks. I don't see any swirl marks in the paint under any lighting conditions. I've been very careful washing the car to date. Should I still do the paint correction step with the polish? ...or would claying the care be sufficient.

Just want to get an idea what other would do.

Thanks, Brett

3 answers to this question

Personally if you are 100% happy with the paint now I don't think you need it. Just strip and clay bar.

However, you will be locking  in any imperfections under a super hard ceramic coat so you wont be able to improve anything after the fact unless you buff the ceramic back off to fix it.

I buffed the hood on my Silverado and clayed the rest of the truck and applied CC. I am perfectly happy with the results.

I would double check in all lighting conditions to make sure you are swirl and scratch free, if you are satisfied you could move forward with your coating.

However I think I would still go over the car with White pad and FP to make sure your paint is the brightest it can be.