Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car Shampoo Vs Ultra Foam Shampoo

JoeySr

Question

We have a Premium Foam Gun with average water pressure, not real strong, but not wimpy  with a purple foam screw in thing & have been using the standard Car Shampoo in it, it's ok, but nothing special and was wondering if you would see any benefits using the Ultra Foam Shampoo.

6 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Not much, if any, unfortunately. The Ultra Foam is really designed more for the Foam Canon.

What's not working to your satisfaction with the current regime?

Just a little to "wet" is all, nothing wrong or not working, just wondering if the Ultra Foam would make more foam & be a tad drier....

3 hours ago, JoeySr said:

Just a little to "wet" is all, nothing wrong or not working, just wondering if the Ultra Foam would make more foam & be a tad drier....

How many ounces of CS are you using? Whatever it is, try adding 1-2 more. Just realize the FG won't give a thick foam like the FC. It's simply not made to do that, I think regardless of the soap used.

5 hours ago, JoeySr said:

I have the standard foam gun and have used the regular shampoo and ultra shampoo.  The difference that I have found is that I need a little less shampoo with the Ultra for the same results.  The product descriptions say Concentrated and Ultra say Super Concentrated, which would explain why less is required.  

I am on a well and my water pressure is 55 at the hose, I wouldn't call it high pressure, but it isn't bad either.  I am using the Yellow tip and in reviewing the description on the foam gun it states:  The Adam's Car Wash Foam Gun now ships with only 2 yellow-green and 2 purple metering tips. We recommend using the yellow-green metering tip and keeping the other as a spare. The purple metering tip can be used for a higher flowrate, but it will use up the Car Shampoo and water mixture in the 32oz bottle more quickly.

My flowrate isn't real high due to pipe sizing, but the pressure is good and I get good coverage with either shampoo and the Yellow tip.  I have not tried using the Purple tip since the Yellow was recommended and it works good.  

3 hours ago, RayS said:

I have the standard foam gun and have used the regular shampoo and ultra shampoo.  The difference that I have found is that I need a little less shampoo with the Ultra for the same results.  The product descriptions say Concentrated and Ultra say Super Concentrated, which would explain why less is required.  

I am on a well and my water pressure is 55 at the hose, I wouldn't call it high pressure, but it isn't bad either.  I am using the Yellow tip and in reviewing the description on the foam gun it states:  The Adam's Car Wash Foam Gun now ships with only 2 yellow-green and 2 purple metering tips. We recommend using the yellow-green metering tip and keeping the other as a spare. The purple metering tip can be used for a higher flowrate, but it will use up the Car Shampoo and water mixture in the 32oz bottle more quickly.

My flowrate isn't real high due to pipe sizing, but the pressure is good and I get good coverage with either shampoo and the Yellow tip.  I have not tried using the Purple tip since the Yellow was recommended and it works good.  

I got the old instructions with the new tips and was just guessing on the tip, can easily swap out the purple for yellow and see what happens....