Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wax in the heat?

Kaiten

Question

Hello everyone, my first post here and had a question that I'm sure has been addressed somewhere before but can't seem to find. I've been using Adams products for a year now since I've found out about the great quality they make. What. I first started out, I began with a clay, wash, h20 GG then BW. Now after fallowing the forums I'm seeing that I should start with a LPS. So I'm planning on stripping and starting over doing LPS, h20 then upgrading to Americana wax. My main question is, I live in Palm springs, and is it even worth waxing in this extreme heat? The car is garage kept, I'm wondering how long should I expect the wax to last in this kind of heat? Would I have to reapply the wax every month,week, hour? Lol any other advice on protecting the paint and keeping a nice shine in this environment would be greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone. And thank you Adams for making such great products for all of us car lovers ????

6 answers to this question

First, welcome! Be sure to post a more formal intro on the New Member forum, including details on what you're keeping shiny (pics welcome and encouraged).

Lots of factors play into longevity of the products, including driving conditionsand even the color of your car. Since it sound slike a daily driver, dricing conditions will just be an accepted thing. So what color is it? If darker like black, in that sun and heat, surface temps can soar and burn off carnuba waxes like Americana in a matter of days or even hours. It's the nature of the beast. But they also add a ton of shine and depth. I think PS is a great option, as is maintaining with HGG every few washes. You could also layer wax if you'd like for added shine and depth, just understand you may need to reapply it more often than you'd hope.

If you haven't already, read this for more:

12 hours ago, Kaiten said:

Hello everyone, my first post here and had a question that I'm sure has been addressed somewhere before but can't seem to find. I've been using Adams products for a year now since I've found out about the great quality they make. What. I first started out, I began with a clay, wash, h20 GG then BW. Now after fallowing the forums I'm seeing that I should start with a LPS. So I'm planning on stripping and starting over doing LPS, h20 then upgrading to Americana wax. My main question is, I live in Palm springs, and is it even worth waxing in this extreme heat? The car is garage kept, I'm wondering how long should I expect the wax to last in this kind of heat? Would I have to reapply the wax every month,week, hour? Lol any other advice on protecting the paint and keeping a nice shine in this environment would be greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone. And thank you Adams for making such great products for all of us car lovers ????

It mainly depends on what you’re looking to get out of the product. If you’re looking for a lot of shine, wax or a glaze is what you want. If you’re looking for protection that is easy to apply but still has some shine, paint sealant. If you’re looking for the most protection and are willing to spend some extra time on it, ceramic coating. Obviously, the more protection and longer lasting, the less shine (but still has a fair amount). There are trade offs to each product. 

Thanks for the responses. And yes the car is a daily and it's a charcoal color so definitely dark and hot.  I'm familiar with the difference between a sealant and wax. I'm just wondering if it's worth waxing in this heat? I would wax for sure if there's a car show or something, but I'd hate to wax the car if it's literally just going to be gone in a matter of hours. When I first started getting into proper washing and detailing about a year ago, of course I knew very little. So I just bought all kinds of products lol. I started with BW because it was inexpensive and easy to apply. I like the shine that wax gives but I quickly learned that it obviously doesn't last too long. So I've been recently considering using Americana wax. But I'm just wondering if it will also just burn off within a day. If that's the case I'm not gonna waste time waxing during the summer months. And falcaineer I took your advice and posted in the newbie thread, since I have a feeling I'm going to be a little more active here now lol thank you. 

Edited by Kaiten

27 minutes ago, Kaiten said:

Thanks for the responses. And yes the car is a daily and it's a charcoal color so definitely dark and hot.  I'm familiar with the difference between a sealant and wax. I'm just wondering if it's worth waxing in this heat? I would wax for sure if there's a car show or something, but I'd hate to wax the car if it's literally just going to be gone in a matter of hours. When I first started getting into proper washing and detailing about a year ago, of course I knew very little. So I just bought all kinds of products lol. I started with BW because it was inexpensive and easy to apply. I like the shine that wax gives but I quickly learned that it obviously doesn't last too long. So I've been recently considering using Americana wax. But I'm just wondering if it will also just burn off within a day. If that's the case I'm not gonna waste time waxing during the summer months. And falcaineer I took your advice and posted in the newbie thread, since I have a feeling I'm going to be a little more active here now lol thank you. 

Usually wax will last about a week to 2 weeks depending on how often you wash your car and quality of the wax. American and Patriot will probably last longer than BW since they are both paste wax. If you really want something that lasts and gives protection with shine, try the Ceramic Paste wax. You don’t need to have a ceramic coated car to use it (though it does help). 

Thank you maybe I will look into ceramic wax. I was considering Americana because of the package deal they have with brilliant glaze right now. But maybe I'll try ceramic since I also received ceramic boost in a mystery bucket that I haven't tried yet. Maybe together those will last a little longer and shine well

Instead of giving advice, here is what I have done this year....

clay

polish

glaze

americana wax

that was in May, I have a black Tahoe in Maryland, it is exposed to elements about 3 days a week and garaged the rest.  

I used detail spray to dry and in between washes and it is holding up extremely well.

The only other thing I do, is behind the rear wheels, where I get a lot of kick up during and rains and what not, is clay and apply Cermaic Boost every few weeks.  Those areas seem to wear on the protection very quick.  

Last year i did the sealant and GnG and never ever had a problem