Customer Service 866.965.0400

2018/2019/2020 Corvettes @ Carlisle

Quick Jack will be at Carlisle with some really good show discounts.  Chris will be in the same spot as last year to answer all your questions.  But you don't have to be at the show or have a Corvette  to get the discounts.  Chris is taking orders now through the weekend at least.  Give Chris a call at 304-629-4768.  And tell him Rich sent you.  ;)

39623913_286390575484023_6044439120703389696_n.jpg

Got there Thursday and it was sweltering hot all day.  Didn't do too much walking around except to the Quickjack tent to see Chris, and the Adam's tent to see the gang.  By 3:30, we couldn't take it any more and headed for the hotel for a shower and nap before dinner.  Found a great place that serves up a 15 oz Delmonico steak, salad, monster baked potato, green beans, and dinner rolls for $15.  The steak had to be bigger than 15 oz, because it came on it's own platter and filled it end to end.  Did I mention the onion rings on top?  Fantastic steak and dinner.  Turned in early  Thursday night, up at dawn on Friday to find it rained overnight.  Apparently it rained fairly hard because the crew at Carlisle went around and undid any canopies still on the pop ups around the grounds, mine included. So our chairs were wet, but we understood, and we were really the ones in the wrong for letting it on overnight.  Rained till around noon, then quit so I did a quick wipe down with the new Jumbo plush drying towel to get the water off quickly, and then wiped her down with Ceramic Waterless .  Looked great.  Weather was much cooler Friday, to the point I went and bought a sweatshirt just to take the chill off  the old skin.  By the time the Adam's party got started, the sun was shining and it warmed up.  I took Adam's advice to heart and DIDN'T park on the street. But there were no cops to be seen anyhow.  All good.  Many thanks again Adam for the food and drinks.  Adam had two raffles during the party to raise money for his choice of charity (Ronald McDonald House), and whatever money was raised (over $1000!!!!) , Adam matched.  Class act all the way. 

Saturday was an experience.  Headed to the fairgrounds from the hotel about 7:30 a.m., about 3 miles, and by the time we reached the main road into the fairgrounds, it was bumper to bumper.  Fortunately I knew a way around it and got in a lot sooner than others.  People around me sat in traffic for 2 hours or more just trying to get into the arena.  I've never seen Carlisle this packed in 17 years.  Ever.  Weather was perfect, cool and in the 70's and sunny.  That, and the new C8 on display drew throngs of people there.  It was all organized mayhem though. Made me laugh that with all those people,  I must have walked past the Meguiars tent a dozen times, and saw a couple people there maybe twice.  But Adam's tent was busy non stop.

Anyhow,  the show was great, the party was great, the weather was great (for the most part).  So no complaints.  

Here's a couple of pics.  The steak,   me and my buddy Art who stopped by, and the new C8.  Beautiful car. 

68720482_10216502063843314_6069325118994120704_n.jpg

69369319_10216523068568419_5220975009660403712_n.jpg

69261188_10216502587776412_7675036554280042496_n.jpg

68512473_10216502587016393_452334002720735232_n.jpg

69360930_10216502585896365_1126702700654755840_n.jpg

68778217_10216502587296400_2784894032092856320_n.jpg

7 hours ago, buffalobob920 said:

Hey rich nice seeing you had a great time like you said Adam is a class act next year going to try that steak dinner and those c8’s beautiful cars well Carlisle is over you know what’s around the corner I don’t want to say it but

See you next year had a blast

Lance made a comment earlier today that there is something BIG in the works for next year, and that they'll be making an announcement later this week.  Guess we'll have to wait and see.  Good to spend some time with you and your mrs. .  You'll enjoy that steak.  Almost worth the 2 hour trip anytime!!  

57 minutes ago, Rich said:

Lance made a comment earlier today that there is something BIG in the works for next year, and that they'll be making an announcement later this week.  Guess we'll have to wait and see.  Good to spend some time with you and your mrs. .  You'll enjoy that steak.  Almost worth the 2 hour trip anytime!!  

Now I can taste it 😂

• 9 months later...

We're still on the fence about going or not. I'm almost 74, wife is 68.  We're both at the wrong age to get this crap.  We still have our hotel reservation and our reserved spot on the field.  Going to wait till the first or second week of August before deciding.  We may opt to just drive down for one day depending on the weather.  But numbers are on the upswing again. Who knows what it will be like a month from now. But we're in row IE, space 50 again this year.  And Mike, Ladder13, is right down from us in space 56.  So Adam's gang will be well represented. 

On 6/22/2020 at 12:09 AM, Mike E. said:

Thinking about flying out for a couple of days of the show. Any suggestions on where to stay and which are the best days to attend?

Mike, Friday or Saturday are the best days. Thursday is more of a set up day, and Sunday is just lame.   As for where to stay, most of the closer hotels are sold out because people book them a year in advance, usually when they check out the previous year.  You most likely will have to find a place in Mechanicsburg, Harrisburg, Chambersburg, or maybe Shippensburg (see the pattern here?)  I don't recommend going thru sites like Hotels.com because I've seen a lot of people show up at hotels and the hotel says they never got the reservation. So deal directly with the hotel you like.  The closer to the fairgrounds, the higher the rate, so be prepared if you're lucky enough to find a close hotel that's not a flea bag. And there are plenty of those.   Also, that's usually check in weekend for Dickinson College so that limits hotels as well.  

• 4 weeks later...

Something different.  I entered into the NCCC judged class on Saturday.  Will see how my 02 stacks up?? 

Looking forward to it.  This will be my only show if the year.

The Adam's Carlisle Team has been at Spring Carlisle, and on the Fairgrounds from June 15 through June 20, at the Chrysler National's on the Fairgrounds from July 8 through July 12. One of my Team members and I were at the Chevy National's June 26 and 27. The Carlisle Events staff has followed the CDC recommendations really well, none of my 13 Team members, nor I have gotten ill. Be safe, and be smart: wear a mask, social distance, avoid groups of people and you should be fine. This virus doesn't fair well outside in the sunlight and summer heat. A light breeze will carry it away.

We're still planning our annual customer appreciation party Friday evening outside the Fairgrounds, starting around 6:00. I'll have two tents set up in two yards this year so we can spread out. Adam will be in also.

K6QRK4g.jpg

We were given the option by Carlisle to transfer our Reserved spot from this year to next with no loss or extra cash. Things being the way they are, we opted to skip this year.  We also cancelled our hotel reservations so if anyone is in need, check with the Fairfield Inn Carlisle. Very close to the fairgrounds and Walnut Bottom Diner (check out my previous post as to the steaks!!!)   

Hopefully everyone will be sharing pics. 

2 hours ago, buffalobob920 said:

Thanks for the information probably do same

It's just too risky.  After a lot of asking and nobody coming forward from Carlisle to even let anyone know this was an option, I read a post from a vendor on another forum that Carlisle let them cancel and carry over what they paid to next year.  So I called and asked them what options I had if I cancel and she said "we can cancel your reserved spot for this year and apply your payment for next year."  So that's what we did. The engineers aren't coming, a lot of vendors aren't coming, seminars, etc are cancelled,  I know a lot of guys who have cancelled already.  It's a shame, but this is a strange year for everyone.  But I'm sure there will be a lot of guys still there all weekend, especially if the weather is as good as last year (record setting attendance last year).  It will still be successful.  

There were still a fair amount of vendors in the Mid Way for both Spring Carlisle and the Chrysler Nationals. I was told show field registrations were only down by about 25% for both the Chevy Nationals and Chrysler Nationals. A lot of folks are still coming out.

Pics from the Chrysler Nationals about 3/4 the way up the hill. There's no where near the attendance at this show than there is at Corvettes

EAEipeX.jpg

oRUUlOi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, buffalobob920 said:

First time in a while I cancelled my trip will hopefully see all you guys next year 

Yeah, quite a few reserved guys have cancelled.  Hate to say it, but it's been two weeks since the Chrysler show and the numbers are going up and up in that area (if you trust the numbers). Fords this weekend, so by the time Vettes rolls around, the possibility is there that the numbers could really soar.  Time will tell.  I'm just too darn old to chance it.