Customer Service 866.965.0400

2018/2019/2020 Corvettes @ Carlisle

I'm ready.  Mentally.  Still have to detail the car, pack, put the sticker on, etc.  I hate wishing the summer away, but I'm looking forward to it.  

About the only thing that ticks me off is hotel prices.  They won't give senior or military discounts because it's an "event" weekend.   Even Radisson who has a Military First program for serving, retired, and veterans, won't honor it then.  And you pay top dollar for the closer, nicer hotels.  $436 for two nights at the Country Inn & Suites, 4 miles from the fairgrounds.  If I felt like driving 30 minutes more to Chambersburg on 81, rooms are less than $100 a night.  But I like the convenience of staying close, especially on sweltering hot days when all you want is a cold beer and air conditioning, so I pay up.  

Anyhow, all of this will fit into the Vette trunk:

1 10X10' pop up canopy

2 chairs in bags

1 table in bag

2 folding foot stools

1 large duffel (clothes)

detail bag filled with Adam's goodies

cooler

stakes and a hammer for the canopy

umbrella

shade tarp for the canopy

first aid kit

jackets 

It always amazes me how much you can fit into these cars.   And when I go home.............there's always more in there than I came with. :lolsmack:

36 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm ready.  Mentally.  Still have to detail the car, pack, put the sticker on, etc.  I hate wishing the summer away, but I'm looking forward to it.  

About the only thing that ticks me off is hotel prices.  They won't give senior or military discounts because it's an "event" weekend.   Even Radisson who has a Military First program for serving, retired, and veterans, won't honor it then.  And you pay top dollar for the closer, nicer hotels.  $436 for two nights at the Country Inn & Suites, 4 miles from the fairgrounds.  If I felt like driving 30 minutes more to Chambersburg on 81, rooms are less than $100 a night.  But I like the convenience of staying close, especially on sweltering hot days when all you want is a cold beer and air conditioning, so I pay up.  

Anyhow, all of this will fit into the Vette trunk:

1 10X10' pop up canopy

2 chairs in bags

1 table in bag

2 folding foot stools

1 large duffel (clothes)

detail bag filled with Adam's goodies

cooler

stakes and a hammer for the canopy

umbrella

shade tarp for the canopy

first aid kit

jackets 

It always amazes me how much you can fit into these cars.   And when I go home.............there's always more in there than I came with. :lolsmack:

Is the Hammer for the Canopy to smash it until it fits?  My canopy is a 10x12 and it won't fit in the wife's Malibu, so I would not have thought a 10x10 would come close to fitting in a real car.  Then again, the last time I dealt with a Vette, it was a 1972 Stringray with the 454 and I know that trunk was very small, my full duffle bag was almost impossible to get in there.

When I lived up north, I went to Carlisle for a few events and the prices were completely jacked and there were no military discounts back then, but we always had a great time.  

21 hours ago, Rich said:

What's the big G mean? 

Usually means a big O, and smiles!

And wow those local hotel prices are insane.  The cabins where we stay are often booked and paid a year in advance but it's an enjoyable experience 4.5 miles from the fairgrounds.  Maybe you can check it out for next year?

2 hours ago, RayS said:

Is the Hammer for the Canopy to smash it until it fits?  My canopy is a 10x12 and it won't fit in the wife's Malibu, so I would not have thought a 10x10 would come close to fitting in a real car.  Then again, the last time I dealt with a Vette, it was a 1972 Stringray with the 454 and I know that trunk was very small, my full duffle bag was almost impossible to get in there.

When I lived up north, I went to Carlisle for a few events and the prices were completely jacked and there were no military discounts back then, but we always had a great time.  

Our canopy measures 10' X 10', slant leg which means it's wider at the bottom than the top so it's like 9'X9' or something at top, but plenty big for me and the wife, and it measures 34" folded up in the trunk. We never use the bag (takes up space with those wheels).  This is it, but I got it on Amazon for $95.  https://www.fieldandstreamshop.com/p/quik-shade-10-x-10-solo-steel-64-slant-leg-canopy-17qshaqsslstl64xxodr/17qshaqsslstl64xxodr?recid=Product_PageElement_product_rr_1_5341_&rrec=true   

If you look close, it drops twice which is really good and makes it much smaller, yet not fatter.  We've had one like this for 15 years or so, and needed to replace it, but couldn't find a double drop again until this year. So when we saw it we jumped on it.  Best thing ever for car shows.  We lost our original one in 06 at Carlisle when those straight line winds (some thought it was a tornado) went through and destroyed pretty much everything.  Anyhow, check into it.  Really nice and small and sturdy and fits great. 

2 hours ago, pauluptime said:

Usually means a big O, and smiles!

And wow those local hotel prices are insane.  The cabins where we stay are often booked and paid a year in advance but it's an enjoyable experience 4.5 miles from the fairgrounds.  Maybe you can check it out for next year?

Send me the link.  My wife is into comfort not camping, but if it's decent maybe I can convince her.  

We'll be heading down (or well, west..lol) but just for Saturday. Not showing as I do not own a Corvette...yet. Looking forward to surrounding myself with my dream cars (more specifically C3's). 

I'm sure I'll see some of you there! I'll be running around with the camera!  This will be our third trip to Carlisle this year, we did our usual All Chryslers & then to All Trucks! 

Hi gang. I am Rich's wife and will be with him at Corvettes.  I need a favor from the Adam's community.  I know someone posted this on the Adam's FB page too.  This little boy is dying from Leukemia and he's only 11 years old.  He's asking for stickers (racing, car related) to cover his casket.  If you can, could any of you who will be at Carlisle this weekend, look through your stash of stickers (I have plenty of Adam's stickers, looking for things like Summit, Jegs, etc) and drop them off at our car ..... Row IE space 50 , or give them to me at the Adam's party Friday night.  The whole story breaks my heart, and I'd love to send him a nice big envelope filled with stickers to brighten his day.  If you aren't going to be there, but would like to send him some yourself, the address is below.  Thanks to all of you.

Darlene 

Stickers and cards can be sent to Caleb Hammond’s family at 314 North J Street, Oskaloosa, IA 52577.

• 9 months later...