Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Rubber cleaner question (pic)

Aurora85

Question

I've had the same issues with the Rubber cleaner.  I detailed my car and applied the rubber cleaner per directions..let it sit on for a minute or two and agitated it with a tire brush.  I then sprayed it off and watched a lot of brown mess wash off.  Every time I use the product, after my tires dry they look worse than before I applied the rubber cleaner.   Am I doing anything wrong?  Should I let it sit on the tire for a longer duration etc?  I feel the brushing or agitating maybe is spreading the tire blooming?  

Thanks!  Trying to have my tires look new without using any gloss etc.

IMG_1068.JPG

6 answers to this question

Nothing wrong. Just not doing it enough, I don't think. Some tires bloom way more than others. Yours appear to need done a few times per wash...apply, scrub, rinse, repeat. Scrub and rinse till it's white. As you apply it, the TRC is pulling the brown to the surface. Don't worry, you'll get there. Then buy a gallon of TRC!

What tire brush are you using? Adam's version is awesome and upped my cleaning results dramatically. Recommend you get one if you don't have it already.

Edited by falcaineer

Keep cleaning till the suds stay white.  It sounds like you are new to Adams TRC so you may not be using Adams Tire Shine or VRT.  Cheap silicone based tire shines will cause a lot of browning too. 

Lastly, I recommend picking up a stiff short bristled brush to really deep clean them and then maintain with the Adams brush and VRT or Adams TS.

As mentioned above keep scrubbing and applying TRC until it foams mostly white. Also, one thing that has helped me is to wet down the surface of the tire after i've let the TRC sit for a minute or two. It seems the TRC soaks in and dries up after sitting and needs a little lubrication before scrubbing with the tire brush. Fanning it down with water re-activates the TRC and makes scrubbing easier and cleaning more effective for me.

18 minutes ago, Aurora85 said:

Very good guys!  Thanks for the info and quick responses.  I guess I’m going to go through this spray bottle quickly!   Is VRT or the tire shine water based?

VRT is water based and Tire Shine has very minimal silicone.  Both are a much better option than any store brand tire shines.