Customer Service 866.965.0400

Candy Stuck in Carpet

Bscott94

Question

My cousin asked me to detail her car. She has 2 kids that have created a mess. I have a Bissell SpotClean ProHeat that I'll use to get stains out of the seats. She showed me that there is a sucker melted to the carpet under one of the floor mats. Does anyone have suggestions for getting the sucker out of the carpet? I think it might be impossible but I'd like to try my best. 

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, pirahnah3 said:

Steamer and or extractor would def help you get it clean. I have seen Marquis who works with @shane@detailedreflections do WONDERS with one. 

Yup, a steamer will get much hotter than an extractor.  And your extractor isn't necessarily a heavy duty extractor.  Think more consumer grade versus pro grade.  Some heat, some patience and a lot of scrubbing and you should be able to get it out.  I know that one would drive Marquis crazy, but that's the approach he would take.  I still wish I could get him to start posting here since he brings a bunch of knowledge and experience to the table.  Those that attended the clinic we hosted and got to see him in action can attest to the fact that the man is a master at his craft when it comes to interiors.  I'll pick his brain a little bit tomorrow when I see him and see if he has any more insight to offer.  

I asked the Mrs. what to do. Her reply was ICE.  If you use a steamer you'll end up melting the candy and make matters worse.  Her advice is to freeze it as hard as you can get it, pull it off, then use a comb to pull up any remnants of the sucker, and then clean the rest off with plain old soap and water.  But she says definitely no heat. 

I don't argue with my wife. ?

6 hours ago, Rich said:

I asked the Mrs. what to do. Her reply was ICE.  If you use a steamer you'll end up melting the candy and make matters worse.  Her advice is to freeze it as hard as you can get it, pull it off, then use a comb to pull up any remnants of the sucker, and then clean the rest off with plain old soap and water.  But she says definitely no heat. 

I don't argue with my wife. ?

I never even though of that. That would make sense. I don't want it to melt and get EVERYWHERE. I'll try ice and report back. I'm detailing the interior on my cousin's car and the exterior of my aunt's car so I can explain the TOMB to my girlfriend lol.