Customer Service 866.965.0400

What equipment/products to purchase

Tricksey

I am in the process of purchasing a pressure washer and a foam canon as I refuse to take my new Acura RDX to a car wash! I am looking at the Sun Joe SPX 3000 is this sufficient for car washing, I am 62 and a woman and yes I love to detail my own cars however I have never used a pressure washer previously, I also just ordered a Deionized water system for a spot free dry. Do you recommend the regular car shampoo or the Ultra Foam? I am sunny Santa Barbara and wash my car weekly. Thank you in advance for any responses!!

Welcome to the forum. I have a gas powered pw now but rarely pull it out because of all the hassle of getting set up. So I've been researching electric pw's and the sun joes do have quite a few good reviews. My only comment would be that I would probably get the  spx3500 if I were to get a sun joe. It is about $100 more than the 3000 but it gets you a brushless induction motor that should run cooler, quieter and longer. 

Thank you and Bed Bath and Beyond's 20% coupon works so that is Fantastic, do you happen to know do you have to have a heavy duty garden hose to use the pressure washer? I have no idea what I am doing here and my hubby does NOT wash cars, you know opposite's attract!

No, any good quality hose will work for you, the high pressure hoses are all on the outlet side of the pump and should be supplied with your

The 3500 comes with a wand that has a quick disconnect already installed so your foam cannon should slip right on. If you haven't bought one yet the MTM cannon sold by Adams is a very well built piece of kit. I'm waiting on one myself, as it is currently on backorder. 

Great thank you so much I haven't bought the foam cannon as of yet I was doing research so will order that one! Do you use the car wash or the Ultra Foam my car doesn't really get extremely dirty ( its white) Love the color but wow this thing shows EVERYTHING!

Yes they are online only but the $40 plus is enough of a savings to wait for the shipping! Which model is the Canon I can't seem to find a MTM Foam Canon on Adams site?

Great thank you just ordered my SPX 3500 excited to get this and the canon lol my boys will probably be over here washing their vehicles.  Thank you again for all your help, the 3500 was 207 before tax a great deal!

Welcome to the addiction, Cheryl! I need to get a pressure washer so look forward to hearing how this one does for you.

1 hour ago, Velvethelmet said:

Honestly I don't see much difference between the car shampoo and the ultra foam. But that's in my foam gun, in a cannon maybe the difference is more pronounced? Perhaps someone will chime in. 

The UFS was designed for use in the Foam Canon and will produce awesome foam with it. You won't notice much difference using it in the Foam Gun. But the smell is great either way!

Thank you I will let you know how the pressure washer works and suggestions on whether the snub nose is worth the extra expense? Is the pressure on the Red Canon hard to control?  Thank you!

5 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Welcome to the addiction, Cheryl! I need to get a pressure washer so look forward to hearing how this one does for you.

The UFS was designed for use in the Foam Canon and will produce awesome foam with it. You won't notice much difference using it in the Foam Gun. But the smell is great either way!

That makes perfect sense thanks for the clarification :)

7 hours ago, Velvethelmet said:

Welcome to the forum. I have a gas powered pw now but rarely pull it out because of all the hassle of getting set up. So I've been researching electric pw's and the sun joes do have quite a few good reviews. My only comment would be that I would probably get the  spx3500 if I were to get a sun joe. It is about $100 more than the 3000 but it gets you a brushless induction motor that should run cooler, quieter and longer. 

I literally just got my spx3000.  Other than motor, any other noticable deferences?  I got it to powerwash my “patio”.  So if it happens to be useful for a foam canon then its a win-win!?

Van, 

Do you happen to know if this will connect to the Red Foam Canon (Adam's)? Chat couldn't give me the info it looks like it's a 1/4 inch connection?  I am all for the longer lasting of the pressure washer, btw you can get the spx3000 for 129 on BBB but I opted to purchase the 3500. 

I have never layed  hands on either the 3000 or 3500 only relying on the information I can find online.  Gotta love internet shopping. 

Anyway the pictures I've seen look like it has standard female quick connect. The red cannon has male quick connect. So should mate right up lol. 

As far as size of the fitting goes. I did find this on sun joes web site. 

IMG_8658.PNG

lol at the male and female one can only hope! The SPX3500 has a couple of 5 star reviews one that previously owned the 3000 and it died right after the 2 year point. Hoping it is all good lol it will be nice to get these all connected and test the system, driving my hubby nuts I am a fanatic about a clean, scratch less and dent free vehicle☺️ My car has been to the dealers twice for the bumper protector oh my gosh really they can't get it right, dirt underneath I hate them washing my car hoping the 3rd time is the charm! Thank you again I appreciate all the info!

This might be a dumb question but can I use a collapsible hose with a pressure washer I have to go 75 ft from my deionized water and really trying to avoid dragging a heavy hose for the length!

54 minutes ago, Tricksey said:

This might be a dumb question but can I use a collapsible hose with a pressure washer I have to go 75 ft from my deionized water and really trying to avoid dragging a heavy hose for the length!

I used one with my pressure washer last summer doing a relatives driveway and did not see any difference compared to my regular hose.

Received my Sun Joe X3500 relatively easy to put together, lol my hubby says what in the world are you up too?? ha ha he has no idea the foam canon is yet to come! I need to call Sun Joe tech support tomorrow as the pressure would at time almost completely stop and them surge again?? My deionized water was an epic failure I think I washed the car too late 1 hr after finishing I finally dried it! Of course I bought the Microfiber bundle from Adams they sent the wrong drying towel (sigh) so ended up scrambling for towels to dry it (forgot I had bought a waffle weave)! On the Sun Joe where the hose attaches it LEAKS! going to try to buy a washer and see if that works, it is very sturdy although lol between that and the hose I was having a hard time getting around my RDX my driveway is very narrow, I will let you know what Sun Joe has to say!