Customer Service 866.965.0400

Soap & Water!!

galaxy

Question

Man, I’ll tell ya...waterless wash, rinseless washes, and all the other tips and techniques are awesome and have their place, but sometimes you just can’t beat a good ‘ol two bucket, messy ***, soap and water wash job. I do rinseless washes quite a bit for maintenance and such, but nothing gets the dust, road grime, contaminants, and other particles out of the seams and nooks & crannies like a hose and a soapy wash mit. 

A3CC4528-95F5-4F6C-9813-A5A067431CD3.jpeg

D4F4DBB1-F00D-407D-A1CD-CAD3E5DF14CC.jpeg

Edited by galaxy

8 answers to this question

Adam's Car Shampoo is pretty much all I use to take the dirt off.  No Cali dusters, or wipe downs with Rinseless.  I do use the Waterless Wash a lot when I travel with the cars.  They're all great products, but you're right. You can't beat soap and water and a hose when you want your car clean. 

Dang Rich, no rinseless at all?  I’m surprised. I enjoy it when it’s not too dirty.  I have my limits when I’ll do it though.  It’s a tool that’s has it’s place.  I find that it doesn’t really save me much time at all, if any, due to my level of detail. It’s  just less mess. But I would rate it a close 2nd to a good ‘ol bucket in terms of how the surface looks when done. 

Nope. Soap and water wash every time or not at all.  Waterless when I'm away from home and there's no option.  I always take a bottle with me to Carlisle for rainy morning drives to the fairgrounds.  

I agree OP, and beautiful car by the way.  By far my favorite Ford. 

I also have moved away from entire Rinseless Washes.  When I do them it's in the winter and I spray down the truck at the pay-and-spray and then take it home and RW it in the garage.  I have only ever used RW on my toys when just the smallest touchup was necessary like it was perfect when I put it away and just a light dust layer has fallen on it.  The biggest reason I've moved away from RW though is wheels.  Have you ever seen the brake dust that a 6th gen ZL1 makes?  Put it to ya this way, drive it out of the garage and stop at your neighbors yard — bronze wheels.  So to effectively clean the wheels, I have to whip out a bucket and hose anyway so there goes that. 

WW and DS I use a lot for touchups and quick shine.  But I don't "clean" my car with anything besides Soap and Water.