Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing a ceramic coated car?

n_burton9

Question

Hello,

I've searched around a bit on this forum looking for the answers to my questions, but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for so I'm hoping you all can help!

Over this past weekend, I applied a ceramic coating to my daily driver after a paint correction. Once the ceramic coat fully cured (24 hours later), I applied the ceramic paste wax and then followed that with the ceramic boost. My black car looks awesome! Better than the day I bought it. 

Now, my questions lie in how I maintain/wash a ceramic coated car. I understand that having to actually scrub the car and use the two bucket method should now happen less often and detail spray isn't necessary and is perhaps counterproductive, so I plan on using my foam cannon most of the time with Adam's Shampoo in it. Would you substitute in the ceramic boost for the detail spray as I dry the car, or is that even necessary?

Any tips or advice for keeping my car shining and maintaining the ceramic coat are greatly appreciated!

4 answers to this question

Right now you'll want to use the blue car wash.  As it adds nothing to the coating that would alter the hydrophobic properties.  I have a sneaky suspicion that there may be a better option in the near future.   Ceramic boost would be your best maintenance choice.  Or if you like rubbing on the paint, get some ceramic paste wax. 

Yup the normal blue car wash is about all youll need. Ceramic Boost will keep the car shining and looking great. Waterless is another potential alternative thou you wont really need it as even dust kinda flies off the car for you now. 

I have not used DS for drying on my CC vehicle as I was under the impression it lessened the hydrophobic properties of the coating.  I like the protection of the coating but miss the slick feeling and shine of wax.  It just does not seem like I have that even with boost.

I am glad I went CC on my daily, but feel like there should be something I can do to bring back the slick feeling of wax.

Hi, im new to the CC (just did my cars in june). From what ive learned u can wash using the normal CS or use the Wash n wax. 

U can also use DS to assist in drying or light cleaning  but i dont know about u..i use a cordless blower and the water shoots 98% water off the car.   adams rep also told me u can use CB as drying agent as well.  

I have one white and one black car.  The Cb can be a little more time consuming to apply to the black paint.  If i dont have too mich time i hit it w DS.  

Also was told WW can be used without issue too. 

Bad news about the CC is that theres not

much to do!! I want to try the CPW ontop of the CC but its the only thing i dont have..yet.  

So just sit back and watch the glare.