Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mix Odor Neutralizer with Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner

Junior

Question

Just curious if anyone has mixed a solution of warm water, carpet and upholstery cleaner, and Odor Neutralizer for use on musty cloth seats. I am thinking about trying that. I have a car that has apparently had a dog living inside of it and the smell is awful. Probably just a half an ounce or so of the ON to half a gallon of water and three ounces or so of the carpet cleaner. 

Thoughts or suggestions?

Edited by Junior

5 answers to this question

I’m not exactly sure what you’d hope to accomplish in mixing the two?  Odor Neutralizer is such a simple application once the cleaning is done. I think you’d be using more product by mixing in a heavily soiled vehicle due to the amount of product needed to clean. Cleaning in itself removes a lot of odors. The odor neutralizer is the freshening. For the less than five minutes it takes to apply odor neutralizer, I wouldn’t even think of mixing.

If cleaning and odor neutralizer doesn’t remove the odors, ozone is the absolute way to destroy the bacteria that causes them. It may be needed in your case. 

Edited by shane@detailedreflections

Shane thanks for the reply. I was just thinking mixing it in with the cleaner might actually be more effective than spraying it into,the,vehicle. As most carpet cleaners actually have a scent, the Adams cleaner does not. So I was thinking to infuse some with the ON.

Edited by Junior

Just remember, they're chemicals. And some things don't play well with others especially with scents. Both are strong. Mixed together it might overpower you .  Use caution.

The issue I would have to mix the cleaner with ON is that you could be masking the smell with ON and not truly get the mats or carpet clean. I would use the cleaner first and get everything cleaned. Wait a little time to see if odor persists, and then use ON as needed.