Customer Service 866.965.0400

Stripping Ceramic boost

rrmccabe

Question

What does it take to remove ceramic boost without disturbing ceramic coating? 

I don't think my truck is as clean as it should be and would like to give it a good wash and then reapply the boost. Its possible that I have contaminates under the boost.

14 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, tlbullet said:

The link didnt work for me

Sorry that link was my editing link.  Updated above.

I did the fender next as a test and the APC is stripping the boost off there too.

There appears to be no CC left on the truck.

I did reach out to Adams and I am emailing back and forth with them.  They changed the formula and you are to wait 2-3 minutes after the coating rainbows. The instructions that came with mine did not say that so I wiped coating off as soon as I got the rainbow effect.   I am assuming I basically wiped off all the coating. I figured this out the day after and Adams was supposed to update the instructions.

Here is next video after putting boost back on the hood and washing fender with APC.

Edited by rrmccabe

1 minute ago, falcaineer said:

Whew! I just got the impression - my misread of your post, I think - that using the APC stripped the coating...and would've been really surprised to hear that. 

Your advice was spot on. Did exactly what I wanted. However if APC takes off CC, we have a bigger issue.?

We definitely have a coating problem here. This explains why I have I have been having a hard time the last couple weeks with washing the truck, water spotting and general dissatisfaction.

9 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

Your advice was spot on. Did exactly what I wanted. However if APC takes off CC, we have a bigger issue.?

We definitely have a coating problem here. This explains why I have I have been having a hard time the last couple weeks with washing the truck, water spotting and general dissatisfaction.

Good to hear on the former, but really sorry to hear about the latter. Hopefully you get all squared away and re-coated before long. I'm sure they'll do what they can to take care of you.

Oh, and the first video still isn't working...

Edited by falcaineer