Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine super sealant

thealien

Question

I have had shoulder surgery on both shoulders in the last year. I want to apply machine super sealant to my 2000 SL500. I can not use my polisher with my shoulders. I had a hard time washing my car. Washed it one day iced my shoulders, clay bar the next day, iced my shoulders. I want to seal it but need to do it by hand. I didn't want to do it and find out I made a mistake.

Thanks in advance

Mark

9 answers to this question

49 minutes ago, pirahnah3 said:

Dont know about the MSS but awesome car to apply it to! I love my SL500, got a 95 myself. 

Mine is a 2000 sport with the 18" AMG wheels. They are the best bargain in the used car market if you are mechanically inclined or have a good friend who is. I wouldn't recommend them to someone who has to bring them to a dealer. They are a dream to drive!

IMG_20180423_150807628.jpg[

IMG_20170921_181325756.jpg

Oh man, consider me jealous you have the panoramic hard top! Thou I will say, I love how unique the color of mine is. I have yet to run into another one, and yes its a factory color. Heck Mark, I just caught the plates too, we should get out for a cruise some time! I dont have many shots with the hard top on mine....I took it off within a week of buying it and have not put it back on since lol. 

Shine July 1 2016 sized.jpg

IMG_20160701_101543_hdr.jpg

I am out just south of Worcester. I am on benzworld, thou I dont post much there. I might take you up on that, thou do you have the 40pin connector? Mine is still OBD1. I still need to rehab the hydraulic system for the soft top but that will have to wait for a bit still. 

38 pin yes. I believe I have an OBD cable also, do you have the round 38 pin port under the hood. I am not sure you can access all the modules/computers through OBD? I will never be able to use the Star Diagnostics to its full potential (coding, marrying components). I have done 8 of my 11 hydraulic cylinders (sent the one bow to top hydraulics). You can buy the seals for about $26 dollars a cylinder but you have to buy them in pairs so $52 about for 2 cylinders. Need Mercedes fluid, and you should flush the system. Hit me up here or there if you need anything. Same username everywhere.

IMG_20180805_175201307.jpg

On 8/4/2018 at 3:57 PM, thealien said:

Yes this is the old Machine Super sealant not the new. I know the new can be applied by hand!

Not sure about the MSS though?

You can hand apply the Machine Super Sealant, but you make sure it is applied very, very thin.  I would advise picking up the newest version - Paint Sealant.  It is easier to apply, especially by hand, as it is more forgiving.  Or even H20 Guard & Gloss, which could be applied as you wash the car.