Customer Service 866.965.0400

Impala Detail...

Eric91Z

Well, got the detail done on the Impala today.  Thanks to those that responded on my "Procedure Check" thread.  Did almost all of it, but did not do any paint protection work.  Could it have used some?  Yes, in a couple areas.  But just didn't have time or energy.  Got engine compartment done, when wheels/wheel wells, Iron Remover, then wash with Strip Wash.  Dried, Clayed, Headlight Restoration steps, then Paint Sealant and BG.  Finished off touching up all exterior trim, tires, and then did interior.  First round of BG on interior of windshield on this car.  So far liking it on the truck.

Paint seemed to be in much better shape than I anticipated.  Clay work wasn't too hard and bugs there were on the front end came off easily before washing.

Now, if the wife could just keep it clean while driving.  Not bad for 77,000 miles on her.  Some sunshine for pics would have been nice, but I'm not complaining.  Stayed overcast with slight breeze all day which made the work more bearable.

IMG_5689.thumb.jpg.6965012bf9f0f1dc888965987469748e.jpgIMG_5691.thumb.jpg.957f0cfd29fd65fd1ac39f3a635602a3.jpgIMG_5693.thumb.jpg.beab498e48464d6a06a458e3ec964599.jpgIMG_5698.thumb.jpg.01cf6ee469cdb77113d16205f8b115b2.jpgIMG_5679.thumb.jpg.b9f2855d3d0b1c5e148bb498f8fbf47d.jpgIMG_5681.thumb.jpg.f3e9bb3d987cdf7b895630b5dd7fe015.jpgIMG_5686.thumb.jpg.083c3ae0a74dd06732f6f11cf1def644.jpg

Edited by Eric91Z

Just now, pirahnah3 said:

Great work, that is one clean lookin car! I bet the dealer couldnt tell it from new! 

Thanks! I try. Actually, had to take the truck in a couple weeks ago for service. Service writer asked the year, told him, and he said it looks nicer, cleaner than the new trucks the PDI and prep! ;)

5 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Nice work, Eric!

Thanks!  Makes for a long day of detailing when you have a bum shoulder. 

Will say this:

- Eco APC on engine bay followed with light scrub, rinse and VRT was EASY!

- Really like that Under Carriage spray. Used on truck and now Impala. Even better on Impala as it has plastic wheel well liners (truck has carpet ones). Looks so much better!  At least to me. It’s the little things. 

3 minutes ago, pirahnah3 said:

Tip for next time....either make up some VRT Milk in a spray bottle, or get a can of In & Out spray, so much easier, plus then doing your front grill or other areas are really easy to finish up. 

Where do you spray it in that form?  I don’t use on the front grill at all. Just runs off. Not that kind of plastic. And all other exterior items are kind of small, so used small pad, small amounts of VRT, and then hit the plastics, avoiding glass, chrome, and paint...

What year is that?  I had an 08 SS Impala that I bought Weather Tech mats for. Still have the mats.  Too bad you're in Iowa or I'd give them to you (assuming they'd fit). Car looks great. 

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

What year is that?  I had an 08 SS Impala that I bought Weather Tech mats for. Still have the mats.  Too bad you're in Iowa or I'd give them to you (assuming they'd fit). Car looks great. 

‘14 LTZ Limited with 3.6L/6-speed setup. It is tuned, too.

Have had Weathertechs in it almost since day 1. Actually, used to just put them in for the winter and the carpets for summer, but now have almost like new carpet floor mats sitting on a shelf somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Eric91Z said:

Thanks!  Makes for a long day of detailing when you have a bum shoulder. 

Will say this:

- Eco APC on engine bay followed with light scrub, rinse and VRT was EASY!

- Really like that Under Carriage spray. Used on truck and now Impala. Even better on Impala as it has plastic wheel well liners (truck has carpet ones). Looks so much better!  At least to me. It’s the little things. 

UCS isn't supposed to be used on carpet wheel wells...hopefully you aren't doing that?

3 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

UCS isn't supposed to be used on carpet wheel wells...hopefully you aren't doing that?

Didnt spray it on on the carpet liners. Just the suspension pieces under there. No spraying on the carpet liners on the truck. 

19 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

I personally don't put anything on the carpet liners.  Just soap and wash.   I think the undercarriage spray would be a mess.

Ditto here. Clean it up with APC, but don’t spray anything on when done. Don’t think the carpet discolores like a plastic liner does. 

Mine are already looking more beige than black. It really detracts from the finished look. 

I'm looking into getting the full wheel well liners that come standard on the high country. They hide a lot of the suspension bits and cover the frame rails as well. 

9 minutes ago, Velvethelmet said:

Yes they are plastic. Genuine GM part that comes standard on the high country. 

But the carpet is plastic as well. Same material different form. As far as I've been able to determine. 

The High Country's I have looked at all had carpet.  My 17 does and pretty sure a 14 I looked at was carpet as well.

I really don't know.  I assumed the cheapest work trucks got nothing for liners and the plastic was on the next few models up. I am pretty sure all high country trucks since they were introduced had carpeted liners and possibly the LTZ.

I also assume the carpet is for sound deadening. The plastic would be easier to clean for sure !