Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wireless Swirl Killer

14 hours ago, ChristopherOrris24 said:

I have been dreaming of a Lithium Ion Battery rechargeable buffer.  Anyway it could be done?  Swap out battery, for long detail jobs 

There are some cordless polishers now available from Flex.  Info says 30-40 minute run time (charge time is also 30-40 min.), and it comes with 2 batteries...but it ain't cheap!

You would need a lot of batteries to do a whole car. I see the wireless, like the Rupes Nano, as a "as needed" tool. You aren't going to use the Nano to do a whole car but to get into some of the smaller areas, it's a good tool. Also you won't need to use it for hours on end. 2 batteries work great on a Nano. Could you imaging 30-45 min run time on something like a 15mm SK? It could take hours to correct a whole car. I would not want to keep changing batteries or have to wait for one to charge.

Only need two batteries. You can charge one in less time than it takes the other to run down. Don’t know anybody that will run any polisher for 30 minutes nonstop. I’ve  played with the cordless Flex units and they are nice. Only problem is you keep reaching for the non existent cord ?

Edited by GXPaycheck

3 hours ago, GXPaycheck said:

Only need two batteries. You can charge one in less time than it takes the other to run down. Don’t know anybody that will run any polisher for 30 minutes nonstop. I’ve  played with the cordless Flex units and they are nice. Only problem is you keep reaching for the non existent cord ?

This might be true. But I have a lot of lithium battery tools Ex.. Ryobi, DeWalt, Makita,  and Rigid. When using them my battery gets hot when it's drained. I replaced with a charged one and try and charged the hot battery and sometimes it will start charging and other times it won't. So since then I just let them cool off them placed them in charger. Will this be something to look out for on Lithium Ion Battery rechargeable buffer?