Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foaming Cleaner on Road Salt Stains??

WMUCarGuy

Question

I've got a few places on my Focus ST where road salt has stained the interior carpets. I should have addressed it months ago, but as the daily, I'm just getting to it now.

Would the new Multi-Use Foaming Cleaner work on these types of stains? If not, any recommendations?

I got a set of Weathertech floor liners for Christmas, so we only went about 1/3 of the winter with the carpets exposed, but that was enough leave behind some nasty stains.

What are my options?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

8 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

White vinegar and water 50/50 works very well. I usually finish up with carpet cleaner.

+1

Ran into this about a month ago.  The picture doesn’t quite show what a hard crust of road salt that was.  

Have to agree with the vinegar and water solution.  If you do use the Foaming Cleaner, apply it to a rag and rub it on first to test for any fading .  Foaming Cleaner comes out like gangbusters, so be prepared for a huge amount every squirt. 

I had some residue left over from where my Floor mats don't cover where my gas pedal is on my Silverado.  I used the foaming cleaner and a competitors drill brush on mine, took two times and it came out and looked brand new.