Customer Service 866.965.0400

Head light

Red Rambler

Question

Curious if anybody has any suggestions for a light to use on my head while doing paint corrections. I have a set of stationary lights, but would like to purchase a quality light to use when my stationary lights are not an easy option. I’m speaking of the lights that go around your head with the elastic, the market is littered with these, but I would like a quality LED if anybody has one they could suggest. Thanks. 

10 answers to this question

Just as a follow up. I purchased a coast FL75R, which is a rechargeable headlamp with 530 lumens, and has the ability to focus or to be used as a flood light. It has a lifetime warranty. I purchased this new off eBay for $60. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/treelinebackpacker.com/2016/10/06/coast-fl75r-rechargeable-headlamp-review/amp/

On 8/11/2018 at 11:48 AM, Red Rambler said:

Just as a follow up. I purchased a coast FL75R, which is a rechargeable headlamp with 530 lumens, and has the ability to focus or to be used as a flood light. It has a lifetime warranty. I purchased this new off eBay for $60. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/treelinebackpacker.com/2016/10/06/coast-fl75r-rechargeable-headlamp-review/amp/

I personally like the scangrip I-match light. Their line of detailing lights are pretty solid and well built. They can be pricey though. 

1 hour ago, BHarris23 said:

I personally like the scangrip I-match light. Their line of detailing lights are pretty solid and well built. They can be pricey though. 

I will take a look at this one, thanks 

Edited by Red Rambler

On 8/11/2018 at 11:48 AM, Red Rambler said:

I have Coast HX5 flashlight that I use for quick inspections, and the specs on your headlamp look better, so you should be ready for swirl chasing!

9 hours ago, mc2hill said:

I have Coast HX5 flashlight that I use for quick inspections, and the specs on your headlamp look better, so you should be ready for swirl chasing!

Yep, my thoughts as well. I’m hoping it works out well. I already have lights on the stand and they work great however having a headlamp to focus with will only help.