Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Ceramic Boost 2.0 vs H2o Gloss and Guard

WhoIsHomer

Question

7 answers to this question

First, welcome!

"Better" is in the opinion of the user. HGG is an acrylic resin, offers awesome shine, smells like grape, and should give at least a month of protection. CB is a silica based product, offers great shine, smells like pistachio (at least the first version, not sure about 2.0), and is advertised to give 4-6 months of protection. Up to you!

If you don’t want to put as much effort in, it may make sense to go through the initial

effort of a ceramic coating. It’s a lot of initial work, but then gets easier. It’s not maintenance free though. 

Otherwise, I think the ceramic products lean more towards ceramic coatings. Use the others for traditional style products. 

I don't use either product, but I am actually interested in seeing how the the new CB2.0 works.  I usually seal my truck, and so most of the time I skip the H2O GG just because it's a extra step and I don't feel I would gain anything from it.  But I ordered a new truck, that I am wondering how the CB2.0 will work on the wheel, getting paint sealant in these will be tough, so being able to spray CB2.0 on the wheels and wipe off it might be easier to keep them clean for some time.  I don't expect it to last 4-6 months on wheels but even a month or two would be good. 

The old version of Ceramic Boost was a bit difficult to apply.  Could be because I don't have the Ceramic coating on my cars.  I haven't tried the new stuff yet, but they're saying it goes on easier.  And it does last several months.  The Guard n Gloss goes on real easy.   But for the longer protection, I'd go with the Boost. 

Once my Ceramic Boost 2.0 arrives, I have a test planned.  Being that nice father that I am, I take care of my children's cars and the Range Rover is terrible when it comes to brake dust.  My plan is to do one side with the old Ceramic Boost and the other side with CB 2.0.  Not only should I be able to see if there is a difference in how much brake dust sticks, I should be able to find out how much of a difference there is in longevity.

I have one bottle of the old Ceramic Boost left that is 3/4's full and there are plenty of uses for it.  For anyone with a lawn mower, not only does it help with the underside of the mower deck, it also helps on the outside.  The grass and dust seems to come off the mower much easier after I did them with the old Ceramic Boost and I wasn't worried about perfection in application like the vehicles.  

So i got a bottle of the old CB in a mystery box recently and had the same question of CBvsHGG. i emailed adams and got this as a response: fyi i believe these comments are in reference to the older version of CB not 2.0

Ceramic boost is the better product in my opinion in every way. The General durability of H2O is about 3 months. Shine of CB is WAY more enhanced than the shine from H2O. H2O is easier to apply especially when following the wet application process. Chemical streaks happen much more with CB as it is more concentrated of a 'sealant.' 
I would not layer these products.

so yesterday i washed my car, then strip washed 2 panels and applied CB 1.0 and re-applied HGG to the rest of the car. the CB did take a lot of buffing to level out. kind of made me cringe buffing so much without lubrication so i think the revision of the product was necessary. i can’t say the shine of the CB was any better than HGG. but at least in time i will have a durability comparison.