Customer Service 866.965.0400

Concrete on Black Paint

BMW Chris

Question

On my way home from work the other day, I was stuck behind a cement truck. It had sprayed concrete residue all over the front bumper and hood. By the time I could wash the car the concrete was now dried on the car. Help! What can I do to get the concrete off of the car with out scratching it. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

4 answers to this question

That sucks. ? Plastic razor blades could work well for that, at least for any gooped on spots. You'll want to lube well and get the concrete wet to soften it some. Quick Google search showed 1:1 vinegar water disloves it pretty well. Shouldn't scratch, but be prepared to polish a little just in case. 

Here's a video I found. But I don't recommend the spoon! ?

Edited by falcaineer

I had a couple of splashes on a vehicle years ago and I used car shampoo and let is soak for a minutes and then a Plastic Razor Blade as @falcaineer recommended.  What I remember was that the concrete was caustic and etched into the clear, similar to what bird droppings can do when left too long.  It was years ago and I know there are various formula's for concrete so you may need to try some less conspicuous places to try a couple of different methods.