Customer Service 866.965.0400

Homemade detailer + ?

SGM CAMARO

Question

Supposedly mixing 2oz of ****** 2oz of ********* and 20 oz of water makes a really good detail spray.  What if I use the same formula with ceramic boost 1.0 and adams waterless wash?  I'm going to try it as soon as i pick up some distilled water, but was curious if anyone else has already tried it.  I know they make detailer already, but this could be pretty good.  When I applied the ceramic boost, i used waterless wash to help buff off the streaks (someone's recomendation).  That worked really well, so this is just combining both steps???  I also know they make a better ceramic boost now, but I have a full bottle of 1.0.  

21 answers to this question

I did, but it's been around a while on the camaro6 forum too.  The boost and ww would be under $40.  That would make eight 24 oz bottles of spray.  That's actually pretty cheap, unless my math is off.  There's only way to know, and that's just try it...when i get around to it.  

Id be interested in how it works,  however, I am very happy with Adam’s products as they come.

to clarify however, you would need Adam’s rinseless wash, as it is a concentrate, as described in pans video. 

Adams waterless wash is amazing, but it comes ready to use.  I use both separately for their intended purposes and they both rock!

Thanks, I didn't catch that part about it being a concentrate.  I mixed it up using the ww and it seems pretty good.  I don't know if it is any better or worse than ds but I just wanted to use up this boost 1.0 I got in my mystery backpack.  The color is a little blah.  I'll probably just use it during drying.

Wow!!!! I didn't know this, but someone actually goes back into posts and takes out specific references to other detail brands?!?  I'm just curious if it is an official Adam's employee or some die hard adams fan forum moderator.  I like Adam's products and cutomer service, but you don't think they're good enough to compare with other brands?  I don't know if this will get censored or removed altogether, but I am really curious about this practice.  I DO like all of the information on the forum.  Someone explain please.

I’ve found it to be pretty much forbidden, especially if there is a direct competitive product referenced. If you mentioned something Adam’s doesn’t sell/produce then light discussion seems to be tolerated.

There are other open forums to discuss other brands and compare them, and since this is Adam’s forum—they can be a closed one. House rules and all. Ultimately this forum is an extension of their marketing and their customer service. They don’t have an obligation to present a platform for other products. 

At times I wish they allowed the discussion. Then I see the circus that abounds the mystery box thread and can only imagine the wild west show that would occur with competitive product discussion. It wouldn’t be good for Adam’s or the competitors. 

Hopefully we all come in here eyes wide open, knowing that the discussion will be narrow.  Nonetheless, one can learn a ton of great things here; and the contributors pass down their knowledge willingly. 

My two cents. 

Yeah,ok, fair enough.  It's their party so it's their rules.  I get that, thanks for the explanation.  It's like if you watch Fox news or CNN, you'll get one extreme narrow view or the other (I watch neither).  I'll use this forum for adam's only discussion.  I won't even say things like, "My cousin MEG told me about a good wash and wax." ?  It's just weird to see your words changed in a post with no indication that they were changed.  I am aware that this is not that big of a deal, and no one has to change, but please consider that to have a true "forum," a free discussion of ideas is required.  Maybe, start a specific thread for brand comparisons.  Instead of changing someone's post, repost it under that thread.  

45 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

Well for me Boost is to expensive to use as an every wash detail spray and drying agent.  So for in between it needs diluted with something cheaper.  I am looking for that product and since Adams does not offer it, I appreciated your post.

I have Rinseless Wash and some of the old CB 1.0. Maybe I'll try your idea and see how it works. You think the same ratio as Pan's video ... 2 part CB 2 part RW, 20 oz distilled water? 

I've been using 6 oz Rinseless wash to 1 gallon of distilled water for a quick Detailer to be used on my ceramic wax/ boost treated cars ( non coated) My theory being I don't want to add any non silica (ceramic) layers which would be defeating the purpose of the ceramic wax/ Boost .I've been using this for about 2 months now. 

Thanks guys! I just added 1 oz of Boost 1 to 1 oz waterless wash to 14 oz distilled water ( see my previous post) Hopefully I can post pix of my 06 that had ceramic wax & 2 coats of Boost 1 applied over 2 months ago. Just maintence washes & my homemade detail spray since. Been on a 7 hour road trip & plenty of rain since thenIMG_0614.thumb.JPG.15e482269c1caae6662906fab54cb6bc.JPGIMG_0615.thumb.JPG.2db43fa1a4b35c053110f7187bca1fc9.JPG

I'm the one who edited out your "other products". The reason being that we're not going to allow posts that tell people how to make their own detail spray, etc and take away from Adam's business..  Simple.  You're welcome to complain about it. And starting up another thread with the same mentions of those products  it isn't going to fly either.   Yes, you're welcome to compare Adam's with other products and discuss them here.  But that's not what you were doing. That's why your product mention was edited out. 

Rich

On 9/3/2018 at 12:08 AM, Rich said:

I'm the one who edited out your "other products". The reason being that we're not going to allow posts that tell people how to make their own detail spray, etc and take away from Adam's business..  Simple.  You're welcome to complain about it. And starting up another thread with the same mentions of those products  it isn't going to fly either.   Yes, you're welcome to compare Adam's with other products and discuss them here.  But that's not what you were doing. That's why your product mention was edited out. 

Rich

B923E933-5297-4893-B8BC-B53BC5049A4B.jpeg