Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail spray then Brilliant Glaze after a wash?

kb9nate

Question

About two months ago I did a paint correction on my Dodge Charger then followed it up with Adams Liquid Paint Sealant. Then about a week after the sealant was applied I did a coat of Brilliant Glaze followed by a coat of Americana Paste Wax. The car looks great! Since the paint correction whenever I wash it I have just been drying it with a leaf blower, until the other day, I was touching up a few areas with the detail spray and noticed it really gave it a little extra shine. 

Now for my question. I go to a lot of car shows in my area and before each one have just been washing the car and then putting on a quick coat of Brilliant Glaze  after drying the car. What I am wondering though, does it make sense to wash the car, then dry using detail spray and towel, then apply the Brilliant Glaze after that, or would the detail spray just mess with the Brilliant Glaze?

9 answers to this question

Been doing the same thing on my Pitch Black 2015 Challenger. Wash with Adams Wash and Wax, dry while applying Adams Detail Spray, and then a coat of Brilliant Glaze. Been doing this for some time and so far my paint still looks incredible!

4 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

Yea, I do it all the time, LOVE BG!

BA415B91-0D0F-4EA3-BBD5-1F0742E6C2E0.jpeg

I love the BG as well. I think Adam himself has a special fondness for it as well. I noticed watching a recent video, the intro to the tenth series. On a shelf behind Adam along with a bunch of Adam's products is a lone bottle of der shiney stuff, the precursor to BG. And one of Adams first product designs if I understand the der/Orange County connection correctly. 

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:08 AM, kb9nate said:

About two months ago I did a paint correction on my Dodge Charger then followed it up with Adams Liquid Paint Sealant. Then about a week after the sealant was applied I did a coat of Brilliant Glaze followed by a coat of Americana Paste Wax. The car looks great! Since the paint correction whenever I wash it I have just been drying it with a leaf blower, until the other day, I was touching up a few areas with the detail spray and noticed it really gave it a little extra shine. 

Now for my question. I go to a lot of car shows in my area and before each one have just been washing the car and then putting on a quick coat of Brilliant Glaze  after drying the car. What I am wondering though, does it make sense to wash the car, then dry using detail spray and towel, then apply the Brilliant Glaze after that, or would the detail spray just mess with the Brilliant Glaze?

That process will work just fine! The beauty of BG is you can apply it every weekend and it won't build up like wax will.