Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Rubber Mat & Liner Cleaner

3 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

It is legit. One of those “dealer only” things. 

What's the deal with that? I find that kind of strange....

I guess it is the same deal for their fabric protector since I don't see it on the site but people already have it. 

41 minutes ago, cwp2016nd said:

What's the deal with that? I find that kind of strange....

I guess it is the same deal for their fabric protector since I don't see it on the site but people already have it. 

I actually spoke with Dan about this.  He said that the Fabric Protector will be on the Adam's website in a few weeks.  He said they did a limited release to some of their dealers.  

Edited by Hamilton Detail

My guess is that it’s to help drive business to their dealers since they compete directly with the dealers they sell to. It’s a complicated business model. 

I don’t have a dealer account, only an affiliate account and I can’t get my hands on those products sadly. Needless to say, we don’t use them and use competitors products that are more readily available to us despite wanting to try them.

I’m sure someone made the decision along the way that it’s a good business model, but that’s a matter of opinion. 

It does seem like a strange business model, but I guess it works somehow. 

Dealers are far and few between - Nothing close to Columbia, SC - except the few items one of the Chevy dealers has

Dealers don't have web pages - Detail Giant as an example

Some products are exclusive to dealers.

If the product is exclusive (dealer only) and kept secret (no web site), then how do the 90'sh percent of us that don't have a local (walk in the door) dealer by us find out about or get the product?   Call me curious, but I don't see how the model works for so many people scattered around the country.

I do see how the model works for the local (walk in the door) dealer since it is a way to get people to stop by and see what is new and dealer exclusive, so if that is the intent I get it.

Edited by RayS

14 minutes ago, RayS said:

Dealers are far and few between - Nothing close to Columbia, SC - except the few items one of the Chevy dealers has

If the product is exclusive (dealer only) and kept secret (no web site), then how do the 90'sh percent of us that don't have a local (walk in the door) dealer by us find out about or get the product?   Call me curious, but I don't see how the model works for so many people scattered around the country.

I do see how the model works for the local (walk in the door) dealer since it is a way to get people to stop by and see what is new and dealer exclusive, so if that is the intent I get it.

I sometimes order from a local online dealer that has better shipping rates within Canada unless there is something that Adam's directly  offers or has a sale on.  The shipping to Canada sometimes makes it more expensive to buy direct vs. a Canadian dealer.

In my small business owner experience and knowledge (which admittedly may be limited), it seems strange for a variety of reasons. 

First, your dealers who have order and stocking requirements are directly competing with the manufacturer. For example, Adams sells direct to consumers and frequently offers sales. In order to try to maintain market share and orders, the dealer needs to (or should) match those offers. The problem is that the profit margins are established and decisions made at retail pricing. Discounting cuts the margin, and does so considerably. 

Secondly, the “Adam’s Polishes” searches will inevitably lead to the website. It today’s society of click and ship, the end user has zero need to seek out a dealer. So not only are consumers not being driven to the dealers, they aren’t even being discovered despite the investment to become a dealer. 

I do have knowledge of the stocking levels for dealers as I’ve looked into making the leap. I have no doubt I’d pick up some sales here and there from people local who would support my business. Making the leap won’t return the investment because the loyalists will support us anyway, regardless of the cost difference. New customers are a price/convenience equation, and that’s one that we can’t compete with unless someone is within immediate proximity to us. 

Now a dealer has bought into a certain tier of product. This means that they’re investing in so much inventory in exchange for certain pricing. With that, you have to hit ordering minimums monthly or quarterly. What that really turns into is you have to turn your inventory to make money to cover that next order. Without a protected area, what stops someone from ordering on Amazon or direct from Adams?  

It’s a model where Adams makes the most money by offering to consumers since even at a discount, they still make more than selling to a dealer. In the meantime, the dealers that do sign up front considerable funds in hopes of garnering sales, but competing with Adams and their multiple sales outlets at the same time...again, direct and Amazon. 

The flip side of the coin would be offering territories or regions and allowing someone who is a dealer to buy into that area (for example X square miles) and any order that comes in from that area is credited to the dealer, and done so regardless of if they have that particular product in stock (sometimes it doesn’t make sense to stock everything). So even if a product drop ships from Adams, their dealer who paid their fee gets credit and gets to make their piece of the pie.

As a business owner, a model like that may significantly sway me to make the jump. I front a considerable piece of money, but I know that the manufacturer (who can stock way more than I can) is not competing with me or sniping my sales. In exchange, we would push those individual product sales much harder. We make money. Adams makes money. Customers are taken care of easily and happily. Everyone wins. 

Every time I have purchased through DetailGiant he has always met or exceeded Adam's 15% discount. I plan on giving him all of my business here on out. The fact that I'm local to him is a bonus but even if I weren't and lived on the east coast I would still buy all my Adam's products from him. I understand he doesn't have a web site to purchase through which is inconvenient for some, but Lukas is very responsive to direct messages and I enjoy the personalized service he offers.  

36 minutes ago, RayS said:

If you message detail giant on facebook he responds within min. I've messaged him on both, and the fact that I order items from him in the east coast, to ship to the midwest shows alot! 

1 hour ago, Mbrazelton said:

If you message detail giant on facebook he responds within min. I've messaged him on both, and the fact that I order items from him in the east coast, to ship to the midwest shows alot! 

Unfortunately, there is no Facebook, it is not just me there are many others in the same pattern.  If Facebook works for you, I understand that and do not fault you for using it, it is your choice and I respect that.  If Adam's went to selling only on Facebook, they would not get my business as I would not be able to order from them - it is a business decision.  If there are other dealers that have a web page that forum members reliably use, post who they are, I'm sure they would like some additional business.

I wish they would add it for the average joe to order. I am about out of another brand and have been waiting for Adams to drop it on the site. Looks like I may have to just pick up the other brand locally then. I know there has to be a demand with how many people own Weather Tech and other mats. I have them in four vehicles I own.

2 hours ago, Black Bowtie said:

I wish they would add it for the average joe to order. I am about out of another brand and have been waiting for Adams to drop it on the site. Looks like I may have to just pick up the other brand locally then. I know there has to be a demand with how many people own Weather Tech and other mats. I have them in four vehicles I own.

If you email or call one of the dealers who carry it, they will take care of you. I know Grabiak is reallly helpful on the Adam’s products and would recommend them. 

1 hour ago, BHarris23 said:

If you email or call one of the dealers who carry it, they will take care of you. I know Grabiak is reallly helpful on the Adam’s products and would recommend them. 

Thank you for passing on the information about Grabiak, who can be found by going to gpcperformance.com/products/brand/adams_car_care   They do seem to be well stocked according to their web site and I will keep the site handy for dealer exclusive items or when Adam's main site it out of stock.

On 8/20/2018 at 2:34 PM, moons21 said:

I sometimes order from a local online dealer that has better shipping rates within Canada unless there is something that Adam's directly  offers or has a sale on.  The shipping to Canada sometimes makes it more expensive to buy direct vs. a Canadian dealer.

Who do you order from? The S&H really stings when I need just a couple small items and what is a 30-40$ order is now 50-60

55 minutes ago, Gooseman488 said:

Who do you order from? The S&H really stings when I need just a couple small items and what is a 30-40$ order is now 50-60

They are one of the dealers, there is another one in Burlington, detail fanatics, however, I only used them once a long time ago.

17 hours ago, ColoradoSHObro said:

A reputable hardware store here in boulder,co happens to carry nearly the full line of adams products. stumbled in there today on my lunch break and was surprised to see this. . . 

70AAE8F3-C27D-48C2-BB54-30059602585A.jpeg

92AECC2C-F5DE-432C-94E5-ED477624870D.jpeg

I need that in Indiana. There is even the Cars and Coffee DS. Any other Limited Edition items? 

9 hours ago, Bscott94 said:

I need that in Indiana. There is even the Cars and Coffee DS. Any other Limited Edition items? 

No that is there full selection in the pic. ironic that the only retail place it seems to be available is also about 40mins away from adams HQ where you could probably walk in and get it from the source if you asked nicely ?‍♂️