Customer Service 866.965.0400

ok need final word on rinseless/waterless wash adams!!

enoch7fa

Question

ok been reading forums on rinseless wash.  decided it was time to add rinseless and waterless was to my skills.  been doing some testing with it see how long average car takes, etc, etc,.   boy are my family and friends who I use to test things on happy lol.   ok now.  I have been told and read that rinseless wash and waterless wash is the same thing difference being that to waterless wash has a weaker dilution rate and a nice fragrance added.  is this true?  same thing but different dilution rate??  just need to know.  not mad or anything just want to know my options.  by the way how does adams rinseless wash stack up to optimum no rinse?  just starting to experiment with no rinse and rinseless stuff so I dont know if they are both on par.  

9 answers to this question

I asked this same thing, and @Dan@Adams clarified...(at least for Adam's) they are NOT the same thing. One basic difference is in the name. Rinseless needs water to function in its intended form, WW does not. Diluting RW 16:1 will produce a Waterless Wash-like solution (and at a cheaper cost), but again, they aren't the same. The chemical components of each, such as emulsifiers, gloss enhancers, if any, etc., are different. The scents are different, too...RW is a berry scent, WW is green apple (and one of my personal favorites).

Take a quick look at the product pages for more details.

https://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-waterless-car-wash.html

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/carwashing/adam-s-rinseless-car-wash.html

I have and use both, for what it's worth.

Here's a good discussion on this topic...

Also of note, RW is safer for dirtier cars than WW, with the latter working better on light dust,  fingerprints, etc. But don't use either one on the caked on stuff. RW aso has some gloss additives where WW does not.

Edited by falcaineer

36 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Also of note, RW is safer for dirtier cars than WW, with the latter working better on light dust,  fingerprints, etc. But don't use either one on the caked on stuff. WW aso has some gloss additives where WW does not.

Makes sense if you think about it.  You absolutely have to have water for the Rinseless. Not to rinse with, but to dilute the Rinseless,and when you figure that you need 2 oz of Rinseless in 5 gallons of water to wash your car, there is a LOT more liquid to remove dirt, etc.  Just picture a really wet sponge with cleaning properties. Of course the dirt will run off. But you don't have to rinse anything off afterwards. It will leave your cars nice and clean. 

The Waterless.........well, I've used whole bottles at a time because you really need to saturate your cars with it so you don't scratch the paint when you use it.  It's been a good useful product for me, especially when I'm away from home and don't have access to a wash bay or bucket.  

Two different products, two different results.  Both are great products.

7 hours ago, Rich said:

Makes sense if you think about it.  You absolutely have to have water for the Rinseless. Not to rinse with, but to dilute the Rinseless,and when you figure that you need 2 oz of Rinseless in 5 gallons of water to wash your car, there is a LOT more liquid to remove dirt, etc.  Just picture a really wet sponge with cleaning properties. Of course the dirt will run off. But you don't have to rinse anything off afterwards. It will leave your cars nice and clean. 

The Waterless.........well, I've used whole bottles at a time because you really need to saturate your cars with it so you don't scratch the paint when you use it.  It's been a good useful product for me, especially when I'm away from home and don't have access to a wash bay or bucket.  

Two different products, two different results.  Both are great products.

I have WW in my travel bag to be able to get any light particulate off the car when I arrive at my destination.  The RW stays in my garage and is used on the rainy or cold days when the car needs to stay inside the garage.  I have also used WW at home a few times when the car just needed to be touched up a bit more than Detail Spray itself was appropriate for.

A quick touch up before a night out to make the car really pop is to hit it with WW and then go over it with Brilliant Glaze.   As @falcaineer and @Rich they are two different products and both have their purpose.  

Lots of good info posted already.

11 hours ago, enoch7fa said:

by the way how does adams rinseless wash stack up to optimum no rinse?  just starting to experiment with no rinse and rinseless stuff so I dont know if they are both on par.  

I have used rinseless products from several different companies, really cannot tell a difference between them.  I use Adam's Rinseless Wash at 1 oz. to 2.5 gallons for and it works fine for me.  Some other rinseless products are more concentrated, but seem to perform the same.  I also have one that has some LSP in it that I use on my truck (similar to Wash & Wax).

I keep Adam's Rinseless Wash mixed at wash strength in a 1/2 gallon pump sprayer for pre-treating.  If the vehicle is really bad I will add a little more RW to the solution for more lubrication.

As stated previously, the two products are entirely different. 

Personally, I like Rinseless washes. What I do is make a "detail spray" using 1 gallon of distilled water and 3oz of rinseless wash (insert your favorite product here). Then I transfer that over to my 32oz bottle and use that for a pre-soak. I then take my microfiber towels (grey, edgless plus towel has been my go to) and start wiping. It has worked with great success for me. 

Love rinseless, use it all the time, as intended, as a waterless like solution, and as a clay lube. It is NOT the same as waterless, but it can be close. I use it in place of waterless and do not plan to buy waterless thou I do have it and do use it but have gotten it from trades or mystery buckets. I think Rinseless is one of my top 5 favorite products.