Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hydrophobic product?

aphillips916

Question

19 answers to this question

4 hours ago, aphillips916 said:

New to the Adams scene! I’ve been using carpro hydro2 spray the last few washes I’ve done

It makes my truck very hydrophobic and it’s so easy to put on with it just being spray on and rinse off. 

Does Adams have anything similar?

Adam's doesn't have a touchless sealant, but H2O Guard & Gloss (HGG) is probably the closest since it's also spray-on and water-activated. Differences would be you do have to wipe it on and off, and it's an acrylic resin vs. silica. Super easy to use as it seals and dries at once, it's my favorite Adam's product. Ceramic Boost, on the other hand, is a spray on silica based sealant, but it's not water activated.

Falcaineer, Would you say that the CB lasts longer? That seems to be what I am reading on here. I LOVE the HGG and use it every 2 or so washes to keep my LSP lasting.

But if CB lasts longer, may be worth a shot. Seems to be dry application and some say it streaks though and to not use on glass? That's what gets me concerned HGG is effortless. 

Silica seems to be the new thing though.

21 minutes ago, Vinnrox250 said:

Falcaineer, Would you say that the CB lasts longer? That seems to be what I am reading on here. I LOVE the HGG and use it every 2 or so washes to keep my LSP lasting.

But if CB lasts longer, may be worth a shot. Seems to be dry application and some say it streaks though and to not use on glass? That's what gets me concerned HGG is effortless. 

Silica seems to be the new thing though.

HGG should last a month or two, while the new CB 2.0 is advertised to last 3-6 months. It's still pretty new so first-hand accounts sl be limited. The CB 2.0 is supposed to work on glass, less straking, etc...an all-around improved product. 

Just now, falcaineer said:

HGG should last a month or two, while the new CB 2.0 is advertised to last 3-6 months. It's still pretty new so first-hand accounts sl be limited. The CB 2.0 is supposed to work on glass, less straking, etc...an all-around improved product. 

I know that the HGG lasts a while, especially since I apply after a full strip wash, clay, alcohol wipe, polish, sealant, BG, then americana. Lol. I have beads for months! And HGG keeps it beading. I will have to get my hands on the CB 2.0. Wish I ordered it with the order I did 2 days ago that will be here today. ? Just didn't know enough about it at the time and the CB 1 I heard was just okay. Thank you!

24 minutes ago, Vinnrox250 said:

I know that the HGG lasts a while, especially since I apply after a full strip wash, clay, alcohol wipe, polish, sealant, BG, then americana. Lol. I have beads for months! And HGG keeps it beading. I will have to get my hands on the CB 2.0. Wish I ordered it with the order I did 2 days ago that will be here today. ? Just didn't know enough about it at the time and the CB 1 I heard was just okay. Thank you!

Got any pictures of your beading? 

This was my truck after using Hydro2 

Just wondering if you can get that much with Adams 

A50F8FBA-75E1-4E7D-91FA-00B61997D0A0.jpeg

E5C93AB1-4034-46F0-B853-220745BA72E7.jpeg

5 minutes ago, aphillips916 said:

Got any pictures of your beading? 

This was my truck after using Hydro2 

Just wondering if you can get that much with Adams 

A50F8FBA-75E1-4E7D-91FA-00B61997D0A0.jpeg

E5C93AB1-4034-46F0-B853-220745BA72E7.jpeg

Looking for a picture of the old truck/explorer. Haven't had a chance to do the Jeep/Ram yet. I think I have one bead picture on the explorer. But the beads are smaller. Looking now. That looks great! If that's just a spray install those beads are nicer. But HGG does bead. More tightly, if that makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Vinnrox250 said:

Looking for a picture of the old truck/explorer. Haven't had a chance to do the Jeep/Ram yet. I think I have one bead picture on the explorer. But the beads are smaller. Looking now. That looks great! If that's just a spray install those beads are nicer. But HGG does bead. More tightly, if that makes sense.

Okay. So  evidently I’ve never taken any photos of the car is beading except for these two awful pictures which I pulled off my Facebook/Instagram. someone here may have a better shot. These would’ve been taken while the cars were “dirty” and from rain. Hydro2 I think still beads a bit nicer. Curious to see if the silica CG2.0 will bead like Hydro.

1ADF4064-4B8B-49CE-A6A3-AFEE398DACEB.jpeg

CEA221D1-21E1-4D68-B363-E6BD40C100EA.jpeg

Edited by Vinnrox250

I've had H20 GG on both of my dailies (mine and my wifes) for almost 2 months and water still beads like it was day 1. Both are parked outside and in South Florida are subject to extreme heat and humidity and a lot of rain! 

I've used all of Adam's LSPs except for their Ceramic Coating and Ceramic Paste Wax.  By far the slickest and most Hydrophobic is Ceramic Boost 2.0.  H2O GG is not bad. LPS, all 3 Waxes, don't bead very much, you can tell somethings on the surface but it's not that "Wow, look at that water run" reaction.  I've switched up my LSPs to other brands personally.  I like Adam's cleaning products but their LSPs are a little lacking.  As I said I tested almost all of them and honestly, it's hard for me to admit this as an Adam's fan boy, none of them lasted worth a darn on my daily driver or garage queens.  H2O probably made the most valiant effort.  Haven't had a chance to test the Ceramic Boost 2.0's durability yet.  Americana and Buttery are gone pretty much after the first wash, be that next day or next week.  The gloss dies off, a detail spray wipe down brings some of it back temporarily.  LPS always gets topped but in my experience, even with perfect proper application, it doesn't bead much or make the vehicle much easier to clean.  

I think Adam's could learn from CarPro and Gyeon that Silica based LSPs (Touchless sealant, wipe on sealant, wipe on coating, and full Ceramic Coating) are the path of the future.  The durability, gloss, and hydrophobic properties are crazy on them.  I recently tested Gyeon CanCoat and W.O.W. is the beading/durability insane. WetCoat or Hydro2 are also amazing products as well.  

35 minutes ago, LSX Maestro said:

I've used all of Adam's LSPs except for their Ceramic Coating and Ceramic Paste Wax.  By far the slickest and most Hydrophobic is Ceramic Boost 2.0.  H2O GG is not bad. LPS, all 3 Waxes, don't bead very much, you can tell somethings on the surface but it's not that "Wow, look at that water run" reaction.  I've switched up my LSPs to other brands personally.  I like Adam's cleaning products but their LSPs are a little lacking.  As I said I tested almost all of them and honestly, it's hard for me to admit this as an Adam's fan boy, none of them lasted worth a darn on my daily driver or garage queens.  H2O probably made the most valiant effort.  Haven't had a chance to test the Ceramic Boost 2.0's durability yet.  Americana and Buttery are gone pretty much after the first wash, be that next day or next week.  The gloss dies off, a detail spray wipe down brings some of it back temporarily.  LPS always gets topped but in my experience, even with perfect proper application, it doesn't bead much or make the vehicle much easier to clean.  

I think Adam's could learn from CarPro and Gyeon that Silica based LSPs (Touchless sealant, wipe on sealant, wipe on coating, and full Ceramic Coating) are the path of the future.  The durability, gloss, and hydrophobic properties are crazy on them.  I recently tested Gyeon CanCoat and W.O.W. is the beading/durability insane. WetCoat or Hydro2 are also amazing products as well.  

What does LSP stand for?

3 hours ago, aphillips916 said:

@Vinnrox250

Gotcha! I’ve normally just been foaming, 2 bucket wash, then spraying hydro2 every few washes

Got some buttery wax in my first MB so I think I may foam, wash, wax, then spray hyrdo2? Or should hydro2 go before the wax?

I'm really not a fan of topping products like that....

I'd say use buttery wax on it's own being it doesn't last a while. Then you can go back to hydro2. If you haven't checked it out yet, Hydro Blue my Mckees 37 is a fantastic product as well. I got a gallon on sale for around $55 and it lasts a long time. 

Just now, aphillips916 said:

@Vinnrox250

Gotcha! I’ve normally just been foaming, 2 bucket wash, then spraying hydro2 every few washes

Got some buttery wax in my first MB so I think I may foam, wash, wax, then spray hyrdo2? Or should hydro2 go before the wax?

Before applying the Buttery, I would foam, 2 bucket, clay (will remove any surface contaminants)  (maybe polish depending on condition of paint) then personally I would put Adam's Sealant (lasts longer than a wax) then top with Buttery for more shine. But you can skip the sealant, but wax doesn't typically last as long. 

The Brilliant Glaze really gives it a pop, more so than the buttery in my experience. But above is working with what you have currently. 

So essentially I am saying add Clay, Brilliant Glaze and Sealant to your arsenal. I would then treat with the hydro2 or HGG maybe every other wash.

I am not as seasoned as some of the others on here, so they may chime in also. But the above will get you protection/shine!

6 hours ago, Vinnrox250 said:

It stands for Last Step Protectant. So like a Sealant, Wax - maybe a Ceramic Coating? Those are kind of their own beast. Lol.

6 hours ago, aphillips916 said:

@Vinnrox250

Thought it was Last Step Product, but either way, it's the last thing you apply...