Customer Service 866.965.0400

Am I Using Enough??

98BlackSierra

Question

I just did a one step polish on my buddy's '18 Ram with my new 15mm SK.  I felt like I wasn't using enough, but maybe its in my head.  I started out with 4 dime sized dots of the polish on the foam pad followed with a spray of Detail Spray.  I've watched the videos before where Adam will spray a blast of Detail Spray when the pad begins to get dry to recharge the polish.  I feel like I didn't use enough polish as I only reapplied it to the pad maybe 6-7 times during the whole process?  What are your guys thoughts??

AA49C0D4-D739-4741-8179-FFDD2B6E8BA0.jpeg

Edited by 98BlackSierra

7 answers to this question

@shane@detailedreflections is right on with it. Really hard to tell from an internet photo. The one step I dont see much of the help with, based on a finger feel test it doesnt seem to have much more than the finishing polish in it thou it might be just enough to give that bit more effort without doing the full 2 step process. 

If it looks great to you then go with it, it looks well done in the photo. 

On 8/24/2018 at 4:34 AM, 98BlackSierra said:

I just did a one step polish on my buddy's '18 Ram with my new 15mm SK.  I felt like I wasn't using enough, but maybe its in my head.  I started out with 4 dime sized dots of the polish on the foam pad followed with a spray of Detail Spray.  I've watched the videos before where Adam will spray a blast of Detail Spray when the pad begins to get dry to recharge the polish.  I feel like I didn't use enough polish as I only reapplied it to the pad maybe 6-7 times during the whole process?  What are your guys thoughts??

In my experience I've always used less product on lighter colored vehicles. For example when I had my black 2005 WRX it showed swirl marks at the sight of dirt and always seemed to require more attention. However on my white 2012 GT500 the clear coat seemed to not scratch as easy nor did it show swirl marks and imperfections as much as a darker car. Thus I used less material but achieved the same results. As @shane@detailedreflections said if you're happy with the results then don't worry! 

Rather than start a new thread....

After applying the one step polish, can the Paint Sealant be applied over that or does it have to be to a freshly clayed surface? Reason being I wanted to polish the wife’s Jeep GC before winter and then seal it. Thoughts or opinions?

13 hours ago, 98BlackSierra said:

Rather than start a new thread....

After applying the one step polish, can the Paint Sealant be applied over that or does it have to be to a freshly clayed surface? Reason being I wanted to polish the wife’s Jeep GC before winter and then seal it. Thoughts or opinions?

My understanding is wash, decontaminate (iron remover), clay, polish, IPA, then seal (decontaminate may be optional).

Also, if you're referring to Adams "One Step Polish" (the product), I believe it's suppose to be just that ("one step"), polish and seal at the same time. If you're going to do it in two steps, your probably better off using Adams "Correcting" or "Finishing" polish (or both) depending on your situation, then seal.